First appointment w/a personal trainer tonight and I'm SCARED..

robin1103
on 1/15/13 4:12 am - MD
RNY on 11/13/12

It's been years since I've worked out at a gym.  I'm so out of shape and nervous that I won't be able to keep up w/the training. 

SW 238 CW 189 GW 135

poet_kelly
on 1/15/13 4:15 am - OH

A personal trainer should go at your pace.  I'm sure he or she trains a lot of people that are very out of shape and have never been to a gym before.  I mean, if you were in great shape and worked out at the gym all the time by yourself, what would you need to hire a trainer for?  When you get there, just tell them you're nervous.  They should start with an assessment where they evaluate your current fitness level and then develop a program that will meet your needs.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BWB
on 1/15/13 4:16 am

Don't worry, this isn't going to be a "biggest loser" moment.  It is a good start and better that you have a trainer to guide you through the beginning steps.  Congratulations.

robin1103
on 1/15/13 4:18 am - MD
RNY on 11/13/12

Thanks for the support!!  I'm sure I will be fine when I get there..

SW 238 CW 189 GW 135

hopefulstar
on 1/15/13 4:22 am - MA
RNY on 07/09/12

i hear you but this will help to conquer demons. good luck and take pride its pretty cool that you are taking control of your life!

10 lbs lost pre op      

Most Active