7 days post op

SunnydazeRobyn
on 1/17/13 9:17 am

Ok, it's been a week & I'm feeling pretty good. Yesterday was pretty bad, but I made it. I was sick & disgusted with anything & everything to do with protein! Literally! The smells, the tastes, the stupid labels,lol... I found some old protein shakes from a metabolic diet I tried awhile back & OMGoodness what a difference! I even drank too fast & had pain because I was so excited to not be nauseous. I learned really fast to slow my happy butt down,lol. I even tried one of my nectar drinks mixed with a crystal light & that made it much more palatable today too. Your tastes, likes/dislikes truly do change after surgery. How is that?

I would still kill for a straw. I tend to gulp without one & sip with one. I know that's backwards,lol...Maybe 1 day I'll get my straws back.

It was very hard to get my meds on a schedule that didn't conflict with each other. This one has to be 2 hrs after or 6 hrs before & not taken with this...UGH...But I think I have it figured out. :) I'm also trying to wean off the pain meds. It was every 4 hrs on the dot for 5 full days, then yesterday I switched it to 5 hrs. I was gonna repeat 5 hrs today, but twice I went 6 hrs, so I'm excited about that. I have to be off by Monday so I can drive myself to my 1st post op appt. I also wanted to take my daughter shopping for her birthday, but that might have to wait.

I'm ready to sit in a warm bath, but trying to wait until my staples are out. I have my heating pad to keep me warm. I haven't lost enough to start getting so cold, but my my feet are cold & my knees hurt.

I'm really excited that tomorrow starts phase 2 for me which means grits, thin yogurt, & mashed potatoes! Finally variety that's slightly thicker,lol. We didn't get my daughter a birthday cake, we bought 4 big cupcakes for the kids (so there won't be leftover cake) & jello parfaits. (Mine is sugar free,lol ) She's ok with it because turning 12 she's so much more mature ;) lol. She even requested her birthday breakfast meal was to be grits & coffee,lol. Love that girl!

So I think I'll be the closest to meeting my daily requirements today, & today has been my best feeling day....Coincidence? LOL

Sorry this was so long. Thanks for reading! Good luck to y'all!

P.S. Oh yeah, -8 lbs since surgery :)

Robyn

Highest weight 332, Consult weight 325, Surgery weight 316

fancy_nancy
on 1/17/13 9:45 am
RNY on 01/22/13

Thank you for the good idea about mixing Crystal Light with the Nectar protein! I have surgery on Tuesday and have been trying many of the different proteins so that I can determine which flavors that I like best and make sure to have plenty of them on hand after surgery. Not that the Nectar protein powders weren't drinkable, but they weren't my favorite. I love Crystal Light, and I just know that adding a little lemonade to the mix will make it taste oh so much better. THANKS!

Nancy

SunnydazeRobyn
on 1/17/13 9:55 am

You're welcome. Tonight I used the Walmart mango "Crystal Light" with the fuzzy navel. It took away the aftertaste. :)

Robyn

moxiecowgirl
on 1/17/13 1:34 pm - Blue Springs, MO
RNY on 01/14/13

This is good to know!  I love the Fuzzy Navel going over the tastebuds, but that aftertaste kicks my butt!

Starting weight: 335  Surgery day weight: 304.6  Current weight: 229.6  Goal weight: 145 

Nellybelly2012
on 1/17/13 10:36 am - LA

Wow you get to eat grits? Wow I had my surgery 1/3/2013 and I was just told I could have soft/puree foods but I would love some grits probably could only eat 2 spoons but still. I was told about not enough protein and it is nerve wrecking to keep up with. I am still trying and I cant wait to got out and buy measuring cups so that I can mange portion control even though after 4 bites I am full...

HW 283/ SW 268/ CW 220/ GW 135  

SunnydazeRobyn
on 1/17/13 10:40 am

Ok, maybe I made it sound too glamorous,lol. I get to try 2 Tablespoons of soupy grits,lol....

Robyn

apurdie
on 1/17/13 2:49 pm - CA

The best present for your daughter is a healthy Mom, and she is getting one!

SunnydazeRobyn
on 1/17/13 7:56 pm

Awwww, you're right! Thanks!

Robyn

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 271 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 195 views