Help with vitamins

PhillyGal135
on 1/17/13 12:58 pm - Phila, PA
RNY on 01/07/13

I'm almost two weeks out and I've started my vitamins.   Bleh, I had a few samples of Celebrate multis and I thought those were gritty and chalky until I tried CVS brand spectravite.   OMG they were just awful, I could actually taste fish.   I was so nauseated I ate a slice or two of some pickled ginger saved from sushi.    I'm taking them back tomorrow and buying the Centrum chewables.    I do hope I can stomach those.  I know vitamins are important but there is no way I can handle any of these 3 times a day.  I ordered Calcet bites and they should be here tomorrow.    Any vitamin advice? 

Arlene

poet_kelly
on 1/17/13 1:13 pm - OH

Most chewable multis you only need two a day.  But all the chewable multis I've tried have been kinda of chalky/gritty.

Do you have trouble swallowing pills?  The ASMBS says you can take vitamins that you swallow as soon as you are able to tolerate swallowing pills.

Otherwise, you might want to try the ENS from Celebrate.  It's a drink mix that is a multi plus 500 mg calcium.

The Calcet creamy bites are calcium, not a multi.  I think they are yummy, not chalky at all.  You would need three or four of those a day (in addition to your multis, iron and B12 and whatever else you take).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics