Insomnia

Mizzou_Fan
on 1/18/13 11:40 pm - MO
RNY on 12/06/12

I had surgery on 12/6,and ever since I have had problems sleeping through the night.I get four hours tops.Before surgery,I never had problems with sleeping.Just curious if anyone else has had this problem.

I just got sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Exqusitel0ve
on 1/18/13 11:47 pm
I'm having the same problem
Tim T.
on 1/19/13 12:15 am - Eastham, MA

My surgery was on 7/5/2011 and I have been dealing with insomnia for about the last 6 months. It seems like my metabolism is jacked up and I only need 3 or 4 hours of sleep to function. If I get to bed at 8 or 9 o'clock and wake up at midnight, I can stay up for the remainder of the night and function the next day like I had a full night's sleep. I got a prescription to help me get drowsy before bedtime, sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. The biggest problem is when I am up late like that I have a tendency to graze every couple of hours, the benefit is the dishes and laundry are always clean. My Dr. said that most people would be envious of me to have that kind of energy, and although I'm not really complaining about it, I'm still getting used to it.

Day_dream_believer
on 1/19/13 12:55 am

I had that problem.  My Dr. gave me some Ambian. It helped, but I quit taking it when I found myself sleep walking/eating.  It lasted about a month or so and I haven't had any problems since. 

lizpete
on 1/19/13 5:04 am - Marlboro, MA

I have the exact same issue.  I can fall asleep in 5 minutes but 3-4 hrs later I am wide awake.  Dr tells me it will pass so.....I am waiting until I see him for my 1 yr check in April.  For now I am just dealing.

Most Active
Recent Topics