Surgery on February 21

squidget
on 1/20/13 6:03 am

Hello.  My surgery has just been booked for February 21.  I start Opti-fast on January 30.  Any hints or advice as I begin my journey?  

stac.1life2live
on 1/20/13 11:35 am - NJ
RNY on 03/05/13 with

Congrats! I got my date too - mine is on V-Day 2/14. I have been looking for hints to particularly with the diet leading up to the surgery. After the surgery, I hear that you don't have much of an appetite. I am just trying to figure out how to handle the protein shake only diet prior to surgery. My surgeon has you on protein shakes only for the two weeks prior to surgery. I am a little worried...

squidget
on 1/20/13 12:05 pm

In Ontario, the surgeon prescribes Opti-Fast (a liquid replacement diet) prior to surgery.  I start taking it on January 31.  It will be a challenge but I'm committed!  Our surgery dates are only a week apart - we'll have to keep in touch and compare our experiences.  I'm a little worried about a few things;  pain, how quickly I'll be able to start moving around when I get home from the hospital, pain, pain...

How long do you expect to be in the hospital?  I've been told 2 days.  Good thing, because I don't sleep well in the hospital.  

Most Active
Recent Topics