I'm back, now to get back on track...

Grace S.
on 1/21/13 10:51 am - WA
RNY on 02/07/12

Howdy,

My RNY was 2/7/12, so I'm almost a year out and 100lbs down.  I am so happy to be there, but I still have 50-60lbs to go.  I was doing so well, then I hit a wall.  The wall is all mental.  I have a million excuses as to what happened.  The biggest was probably the fact that my 16 month old German Shepherd wa**** by a car and killed.   She was the most amazing dog and losing her hit my entire family really hard.  I lost so much of my momentum when she died.  Went back to the whole food for comfort thing.  Now of course I couldn't do it like I had in the past, but I still sought comfort in eating.  

Thankfully I haven't gained, but I haven't lost either.  I know what I need to do to get back on track.  I have to get back into exercise, stop snacking on bad stuff, and for heaven's sake track my food!!  So far this new year has been ok.  I'm getting there and trying to get my mind back on track.  I'm thinking of starting counseling for my food issues, something I should have done a year ago!!  Although I am happy with how far I have come, I am not happy to stay where I am at and I know I can do better.  I'm ok if I don't hit 150lbs, but I know that I can do better than I have.  I owe it to myself and to my kids.  

So the reason I am posting here is because I used to be on this forum everyday, even if I didn't post, I was on, reading about everyone's journey and struggles, and successes.  And here I am again, committing to myself (and whoever may be reading this) to get and stay on my journey (yep, accountability!!).  I feel like I was at a rest-stop on my own journey, watching others drive by me.  Well I need to get back on the hwy and move on.  So that's what I'm doing :)  

My journey and crazy life:  http://scholtzie.blogspot.com/         

RNY: 2/7/12  

Angs_Happily-Ever-Afte
r

on 1/21/13 12:11 pm

Thanks for posting this.  I had my RNY on 4/4/12.  I'm also down 100 lbs. & haven't lost anything for nearly 2 months now.  I'm so sorry to hear about your German Shepherd.  I to have noticed that when things go terribly wrong in our lives, we turn to food for comfort.  That's why I have come back on here for support.  I was like you and was on here everyday in the beginning, but slowed down, once I saw things heading in a good direction.  I need to make it a point to stay on here & support my friends & not be scared to ask for support.  I hope you will continue to do the same. Congrats on getting up & back on that hwy! :)

My Story Begins Today! (3/25/12)
Angs_Happily-Ever-After

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 370 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 337 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 140 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 212 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?