getting the jitters

tweetygirl5150
on 1/21/13 4:33 pm

so i have a surgery date, it's less then a week away and i am getting scared. i was excited the whole time, and i had a date before but had to reschedual due to health reasons so to be honest i didn't think this was going to happen, i figured i was going to have to reschedual again but now that it's days away i am kinda freeking out. don't know why or what is bothering me. i want this surgery and i am scared for the long run. please don't be judgemental of me, and say i am not ready for this i need encouragement and a reminder of why i am doing this and i need to stop reading all the horror stories. maybe some of you that have had the bypass done can come and tell me how they are doing and feeling since the surgery.

and any advice or tips on dealing with not eating for the first few months. i know it's not a permanent thing, but i also know it's going to be hard. i just want some supportive advice i guess.

thanks for letting a newbie vent.

tweetygirl

Lori F.
on 1/21/13 10:32 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

I think everybody gets the jitters before surgery.  I had days where I asked myself if I was sure I couldn't do it on my own.  But, then I remembered how many times I had tried and tried and failed.  I knew this was what I needed and now I am so glad I did it.  I am on my way to what I always dreamed of and I know I won't fail now.  Before surgery I was scared to death that it wouldn't work for me - but so far so good!

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

quiltpainter
on 1/21/13 11:30 pm - CT

Its normal to be concerned because you will be going through major surgery.  The horror stories may be true but they are such a small small percentage of this surgery.  You need to hear from the other 99% of us who are extremely happy with the surgery and with the outcome.  I had RNY threee months ago. I am down 45 lbs since surgery 75 lbs overall. I feel amazing, There are almost no words as to how good I feel and I still have another 60 lbs to my goal.  The pain while I was in the hospital was well controlled, I was only in overnight. Once I went home I only took childrens chewable tylenol. The pain was minimal. I felt more like I had the flu for the first couple of days. I had surgery on a Thursday and was able to work a few hours on Monday (I work from home so its easier for me).  The first week was still hard, I had a drain that had to be taken care of,  I found it hard to get in all of the liquid they wanted me to.  Since then it has only gotten better and better. I had a few days of being sick to my stomach around three weeks out and the dr had me change my protein drinks and that resolved the problem. I haven't had any other problems. Its been easier than I ever thought it could be.  My hunger is returning now, so I am being very careful to keep up the good habits I've been developing. I exercise 4-5 times a week and that is a big part of why I feel so good now.

Good luck with your journey.  I am sure everything will be fine with your surgery. It will likely be one of the smartest things you have ever done in your life.  Keep us all posted.

tweetygirl5150
on 1/23/13 11:06 pm
Thank you guys for responding I appreciate it. I'm just nervous. And all other feelings. Hoping I don't fail. Thank you both 😄
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 286 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 180 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 311 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?