Help! Had my first orientation at Humber on Monday Jan 21

moniquesgettingft
on 1/23/13 11:39 am - Scarborough Ontario, Canada

Hi everyone, I am very new to all of this but have been doing a bunch of researching and was called in last week to have my first orientation this past Monday. I went and was pumped cause all my research paid off cause everything that was spoken about i read and listened too on youtube. Today i received a call from the Bariatric clinic saying I have an appointment with the surgeon next Tursday. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Im happy that things are moving fast but are they moving fast cause they are going to break news to me that I am not ready? or is this normal and I am worrying for nothing?

I already started cutting out my caffiene, soda and alchol  since last week.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Monique

jenorama
on 1/23/13 2:26 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I'm new here as well!  You're at the same point I am and if Canada is like the US, your initial consult will be sort of a get to know you kind of thing between you and the surgeon.  He or she will likely do a basic health check and answer questions and talk to you about the procedure and what to expect and such.  Your surgeon will also likely assess you as a candidate for a laparoscopic or open procedure at this time.  Depending on how things are there, you may still be several months out from your procedure.  Good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views