Ooooppppsssss

katzmeow13
on 1/25/13 9:30 am, edited 1/25/13 9:35 am

Ooopppppssss

1 week out and I think I grabbed the reg pudding instead of the SF from the fridge.

had a minor shaky, nauseated, gaseous.... Need to use the facilities... Moment of dry heaves, foamies, emergency poop

10 minutes later I feel normal

Dump?

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

Ladytazz
on 1/25/13 10:18 am

I did the same thing early out when I grabbed some regular syrup instead of the sugar free.  That is how I found out I dumped.  Even though I had never dumped before I knew what was going on and as soon as I was recovered enough I checked out the bottle and I was right, it was made with sugar.  The reason I knew I was dumping is that many people who dump describe wanting to die and I felt exactly that way.  It wasn't just the physical reaction but I felt so strange that I wished for death.  I was incapable of doing anything for about 30 minutes and then I slowly went back to normal.

You would think I would have learned but not long afterwards I was at Walmart and grabbed some regular instant pudding instead of the sugar free.  To be fair, they really do look similar to me if you don't pay close attention, which apparently I wasn't.  It was on the wrong shelf and I just grabbed it without paying attention.  Later that night, after eating some, once I was able to function again I checked it out and it wasn't sugar free.

I have had a lot of physical responses to making bad food choices but nothing compares to the feeling of dumping, for me.  It really is so unpleasant that you are willing to do anything not to experience it again.  Even though I had unpleasant side effects from eating things with sugar after my first WLS, specifically intestinal issues, gas, bloating and diarrhea, but that didn't stop me a bit.  I so into my addiction that I was willing to live with the discomfort but dumping is not something I would be willing to risk now that I know what it is like.

In short (too late, I know) I kind of viewing dumping like being in labor.  If you have to ask you probably didn't but that is just me.  I had no question that I had dumped even though I didn't realize I had eaten something with sugar.  But after I pulled myself off the floor I knew I had eaten sugar and wasn't a bit surprised to see that I had.  If I hadn't of dumped I may never have known that I made that mistake.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 313 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views