Tomorrow is the day....

RoxyFoxy
on 1/27/13 5:48 am - FL

Tomorrow is the day I meet with the nurse practitioner and my patient advocate to discuss my surgery date!!

Besides surgery date, what else should I expect? pre-op? etc.

fancy_nancy
on 1/27/13 6:02 am
RNY on 01/22/13

Oh GOOD LUCK! I know before surgery every appointment I had made me very excited. Every clinic or hospital has different requirements for patients before surgery. Some may have to go to counseling, some may have to do a specific liquid diet. For me personally, I had to have a psychology consult as my surgeon requires all of his patients to have one. As far as the diet before my surgery, I was just asked to lost 10-20 lbs before surgery so that my liver would be small enough to do the procedure laparoscopicly. Just make sure that whatever your surgeon requires you do so that your surgery doesn't get canceled for some reason.

RoxyFoxy
on 1/27/13 6:20 am, edited 1/27/13 6:27 am - FL

Well, I did the blood work 6 months ago, a ugi and a psychological evaluation. Have not been asked to to a cardio test  and I'm praying my that my thyroid levels are finally under control as that is the only thing that can possibly delay the surgery

In my initial visit I was told I would have to buy 2 weeks worth of Optifast shakes, so maybe the nurse practitioner  will discuss this with me and pre-op diet...I am not ready for the shakes though, I've heard they are not tasty

jackiejellybean
on 1/27/13 7:59 am - Canada

I did 3 weeks of opti and found it way easier than I had anticipated. I thought they tasted fine. Best of luck for your "next steps"!

Surgery Date 01/21/13

RoxyFoxy
on 1/27/13 10:04 am - FL
Thank u! Did u have a flavor that u liked the most? Did u buy them at your surgeons office?

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 77 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?