Too soon to worry?

Kaoz789
on 1/27/13 7:41 pm

Soo... I'm still loosing about 2.5 pounds a week. I'm about 22 pounds from being "underweight".  Should I start introducing the maintenance foods now?  What did you guys do when you were ready to stop loosing? 

MultiMom
on 1/27/13 8:36 pm - NH

It isn't often that it happens that your body doesn't stop on it's own near or at a normal BMI. I was one of the rare ones that was in that same situation. I would recommended that you make an appointment with your nutritionist for advice on adding some healthy choices back into your diet. Mine suggested that I add olive oil to meals (where appropriate) and olives, almonds or other nut as snacks. This is a place in your journey that is a fine line between slowing down the losses without adding too much. The olive oil, olives and nuts add healthy fats and are not junk food (we all know that we don't want to start THAT again).

2.5 pounds a week at this stage is a lot to still be losing and personally, I wouldn't count on your body naturally stopping on it's own. Yeah....see your NUT. Congrats!!

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Stacey-in-Syracuse
on 1/28/13 4:13 pm - Jordan, NY
RNY on 12/20/12

Wow!!  Congratulations!  Good luck transitioning!

RNY on 12/20/12 at 307.  Highest ever 326 pounds.  Goal weight 180 pounds.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 431 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views