Anxiety attacks

_Islander_
on 1/28/13 9:34 am
RNY on 03/11/13

Sigh .. So I keep having these mini anxiety attacks. I think that's how you'd describe them .. heart pounding, mind racing.  I'm freaking out thinking that something is gonna happen that will prevent me from getting this RNY surgery. It started a week or two ago. I had my psych eval and was sure I'd fail that. Today I found out that I passed the psych eval and my paperwork was going to be submitted to my insurance company. I a nervous wreck again. What if my insurance company doesn't approve me after all these months I've jumped through hoops to get here? And it doesn't end there. While reading posts here, I again got anxious worrying about hospital/surgery deductibles and copays? To alleviate my fears. I called my insurance company this evening and verified my deductible of $250 per overnight stay. He said that's all it would cost me for surgery. That helped, but I still read horror stories about people being surprised with huge copays being requested prior to surgery.

And I'm scared I won't be able to follow the preop liquid diet and follow through with post op diets. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm a wreck and I don't even have a surgery date yet .. They say probably the end of Feb and 4 weeks is a long time to deal with all these mini anxiety attacks!

Did you all go through this too?

bbearsmama
on 1/28/13 10:15 am
RNY on 02/28/13

That's how I feel when I'm not on my anti-depressant. I am a classic worrywart (even when there's nothing to worry about). In your case-there's a lot on your mind so it's completely understandable. My surgery is scheduled for Feb. 28th and I'm not having any anxiety yet but it's still 4 weeks away. It sounds like you've researched the finance issue well so take comfort in knowing that you have it covered. I, too, am not looking forward to the pre op diet. That's not going to be fun, I'm sure! I guess my thought is that there's no point in worrying about everything. Whatever will be will be! :)

Hugs,

Pam

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6