1 year out

Heidi T.
on 1/31/13 10:56 pm
RNY on 01/31/12

Well it’s been a year since I had my surgery. It has been a year of ups and downs for me, as I have had to learn to live without my crutch. I have found out many things about myself over this last year. I have learned that I did use food to both push people away and bond with people. I used it as a layer of protection to protect myself from being hurt by noting people worth by determining if they prejudged me based on my appearance. I have found out that I was so wrong; I was so busy judging myself and being worried about what they thought of me that I did not give them a chance to get to know me. I used to find heavy friends and bond with them over meals and foods that we enjoy together. I never thought that I used food as an emotional crutch, boy was I wrong. When your crutch is no longer there then you realize how much you depended on it. I have found other outlets to channel my frustration and emotions. I now enjoy reading and getting lost in the story, instead of watching TV and eating. I have had many ups during this journey by loosing weight and gaining confidence. I have also seen the downside of loosing the weight; I have lost some of my larger friends, as they no longer feel comfortable around me. I know that this is there issue yet it still hurts. If your just starting your journey knows that there will be many many ups and down, this process is a journey that will last a lifetime, but the ups outweigh the downs in the end. Good luck in your journey. My journey doesn’t end here, I still have about 30-40 lbs left to loose but slow and steady will win the race on my end.

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
Lori F.
on 1/31/13 10:59 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12
Congratulations in all of your success this year! What an accomplishment!

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

Teakster
on 2/1/13 12:42 am

Congrats!!! Keep up the great work. angry

thynnlynn
on 2/1/13 1:11 am - MI

You have done a wonderful job!!!  Friends come and go and you should never feel bad about this because they were there when you needed them.  We learn from those whose path we cross and those who cross ours.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/1/13 3:06 am

Great job!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
Recent Topics