Low Energy

justme2012
on 2/2/13 6:15 am - FL

I am 12 weeks post op---been doing fairly well since 3 weeks post-op, but lately I have noticed my energy level is very low.  I have upped my exercise level about a month ago, seems to me that the energy should be getting better.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'm getting all my protein and liquids in each day.  Take all my recommended supplements that my program calls for.  I would appreciate any feedback!  Thanks! 

Marian

poet_kelly
on 2/2/13 6:42 am - OH

Have you had your three month labs done yet?  If not, it's time to do them.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Debbie W.
on 2/2/13 7:03 am
RNY on 12/11/12

I'm only 8 weeks out but noticed lower energy when I started exercising (6 days a week, 45-50 min).   I started eating more calories (from 600 to 800-900) and I just ordered B12 sublingual vitamins this past week.   I'm due to have my 3 month labs in a few weeks.

justme2012
on 2/2/13 7:52 am - FL

No I have not had my labs done yet...my program does not do them until 6 months.  I need to go have my thyroid labs check this next week and see my pcp on the 11th.  I will take to my bariatric RN first to see if they want to check anything else.  Thanks!

justme2012
on 2/2/13 7:54 am - FL

sorry...talk to my bariatric RN kiss

poet_kelly
on 2/2/13 8:57 am - OH

Even if your bariatric RNY doesn't want to check anything else, you might want to check a few things.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Joyceebaby
on 2/2/13 11:16 am
RNY on 11/29/12

For me personally, I feel great when I'm not losing and I feel exhausted when the pounds start to drop again.  It's the weirdest thing!  (I seem to be on a "lose for a couple of weeks, then not lose for a couple of weeks" cycle.)

apurdie
on 2/2/13 12:21 pm - CA

My doc said it would be 12 weeks before my energy was back, to walk no more than 30 minutes a day, and not work out, that  my body needed my energy for healing.  I work full time and that is about all I have the energy to do 10 weeks post.  Good luck to you!