NSV Vacation (With pic!)

madeformore
on 2/3/13 8:25 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Just got back from vacation with my family. My husband and I took our 7 yr old, 5 yr old, and 17 month old to DisneyLand for most of last week. This was our first "real" family vacation that didn't involve visiting family or friends and was for pure family fun! It was a blast! I am down nearly 90 lbs from this time last year - and I can't imagine having enjoyed this trip as much at that weight! I loved enjoying the rides with my kids without any worries about my size, I walked and walked and walked without worrying about losing energy before they did (although they are kids at DisneyLand - so that happened anyway! LOL.). I split nearly every meal with my husband but didn't track my food while we were gone. But I can back at the same weight that I left so I am happy with that. It was just such an amazing week and I felt like such a good, healthy, active Mom the whole time I was there. It was an amazing feeling!

Here is a pic of my AMAZING family on day one at DisneyLand!

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Lessoflinda
on 2/3/13 8:41 am - NY
Very nice and beautiful family!

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

The_girl_next_door
on 2/3/13 9:08 am
How fun!!!
SoCaPinkLady
on 2/3/13 10:54 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Great Pic!!! Congrats

Lori                               

thynnlynn
on 2/3/13 11:01 am - MI

Lovely family and look like fun!

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

JanBooth
on 2/3/13 11:17 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

Great picture!  Looks like such fun.  Also, fun memories for your children :) 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Fr33P4m
on 2/3/13 11:35 am
RNY on 12/04/12 with

That is a great  NSV!

[Highest: 295] [Surgery Day: 264]  [Goal: 150] ​[Height: 5'61/2"]          

LadyLilMax
on 2/3/13 12:01 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

What a precious, beautiful family!  Glad you all got to go and have so much fun!  What an encouragement for all of us just starting to loose weight after surgery!  LIFE is so good!  Thanks for sharing.  Of course, I zeroed in on the fact that you were eating "real" food, LOL.  Ahh, takes a while for the fatty obsession with food to go away!  But truly enjoyed your picture and story!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

madeformore
on 2/3/13 12:13 pm - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Yes, I was eating "real" food. I am 7 1/2 months out from surgery. But I still have to be careful. I shared a rather large Mickey Mouse cookie with one of the kids one night when we were back at the hotel. I spent about an hour that night miserable, laying on the bathroom floor. So glad the kids were sleeping before it hit! That was the only terrible moment - and a good reminder to me that I need to be careful! But for the most part, no problems. I split grilled chicken sandwiches, cheeseburgers, steak, etc with my husband - he got most of the meal and I ditched most of the bun on my part. It worked out well!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about my family. I think they are simply the best and am so glad I get to spend a long, healthy life with them!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Most Active
Recent Topics