having a hard time

poet_kelly
on 2/3/13 11:50 am - OH

First thing in the morning, call and make yourself an appointment with a therapist.  Cognitive behavioral therapy will probably help you stop eating automatically and help you change your thinking/behavior.  But call tomorrow.  Don't put it off.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

daphneb
on 2/3/13 12:01 pm - AK

At least you realize your mistake and know it's not good.  Now you'll think about it more.  I didn't go near the kitchen 2 wks prior to surgery or even the first month other than a meal.  Even then, I made what I had to have and left the kitchen before I did anymore.  Perhaps the others are right, get some counseling prior that way you can be on the straighten arrow once you've had surgery.

It's worth it, trust me.  Don't falter, you probably could use this.  We need to look as food as fuel, not comfort.  I am still a work in process, but since the surgery, is I slipped up, my body wouldn't let me do wrong for long. 

Admitting there's a problem is a great first step.  Good Luck:) By the way, this forum is wonderful for guidance and support!  After all, we're all human!

The_girl_next_door
on 2/3/13 12:12 pm
Make a plan of what and when you are going to eat. Then move everything out of sight. It's just an idea. I tend not to pick when I have to actively find something. Good luck!
Saandraw
on 2/3/13 2:05 pm
I am 3 weeks out and going through the same thing as you. I really hope this gets easier. I hate that I love the way food taste. The advice here does help.
mocuevas
on 2/4/13 12:37 am - TX

Thank you all for all the ideas and support, I appreciate it!

I will work to get going on some of them and try to find a cog-beh therapist in my area to work with on the food issues.

Thanks again!

Smiles, Mo

HW: 311 SW: 270 CW: 192

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views