I cheated...

MBallard
on 2/3/13 6:37 am - Fort Bragg, NC
RNY on 02/07/13

My surgeon has me on a 2 week liquid diet and this afternoon against my better judgement i had a taco salad and then for dinner i had chili!! My surgery is on Thursday the seventh so I have been doing really well up to this point, I just dont know what got into me today. Am I screwed now? If i do an all clear liquid broth for the next 3 days can i reverse what i've done? Please help!!

Surgery date - February 7, 2013

Weighting2Bskinny
on 2/3/13 6:40 am
It's okay. Just don't do it again. Start from now on. I mess up sometimes too. ,just realize you made a mistake and don't do it again. It. Will be alright.

GOD BLESS YOU            
MBallard
on 2/3/13 6:45 am - Fort Bragg, NC
RNY on 02/07/13

I'm just worried about my liver... I dont want it to be too big for the surgery.

Surgery date - February 7, 2013

acochran
on 2/3/13 6:45 am - GA

I think you should be fine. Most of the 2 week liquid diets is to  shrink the liver. Just don't cheat again. Good luck !

MrsLitch
on 2/3/13 7:15 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

your liver isn't going to grow extra fat from one day. Going forward stick to your doctor's preop plan.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

madeformore
on 2/3/13 8:16 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

I agree that you will probably be fine but I would also encourage you to be honest with your doc and let them now about today. Good luck going forward - you can do this!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

daphneb
on 2/3/13 10:20 am - AK

I did the low carb, no carb two week plan before surgery, so I wasn't on liquids. It was for shrinking the liver too and my surgery was one of the easiest that my surgeon ever did!  So, I wouldn't sweat it...just get back to what you should be doing.  I think carbs, sugars, and alcohol are really the culprits for a fatty liver - but I don't claim to be an expert. 

Sherrie P.
on 2/3/13 10:28 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Not all docs require a 2 week liquid diet... mine doesn't - so one cheat can't possibly make you inoperable.  I would not use that as an excuse to disregard the plan - but I wouldn't stress it.  Get your head in the game and press on!!  ( I am the day before you!! )

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

poet_kelly
on 2/3/13 2:00 pm - OH

Don't do all broth for three days!  You need protein prior to surgery.  Follow your doctor's diet .

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Adrianne_Dawn
on 2/4/13 2:44 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12

I totally had like 3 glasses of wine (more then my alloted 30 carbs a day) the week prior to my surgery and everything was fine. I stuck to my diet every other day and my surgery went perfectly. I was on an atkins diet for a month with only 30 carbs a day. Luckily no liquid diet until the day before surgery.

Go back to just liquids...don't stress - focus on protein drinks and you will be fine.

GOOD LUCK on your surgery!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 397 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 385 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 251 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 127 views