What are you eating today?

madeformore
on 2/4/13 11:05 pm - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Greetings all! Back to normal - home from vacation late Saturday night and still in recovery mode around here. I get to spoil myself today - dropping the kids off with a friend and heading to a massage! Yeah! Have kindergarten orientation for my middle son tonight - can't believe its time for that already! Trying to figure out when I can get a workout in, since I missed mine last night (dead van battery) and this morning (lazy and doped up on allergy medicine).

Food:

Breakfast: I'll admit it - I had a donut. And it was good. And planned. Went with my son's preschool class to the best bakery in the area for a field trip yesterday and allowed myself to buy one of my faves for me. First donut since surgery and it was yummy. And now I probably won't have another one for ages.

Snack: Protein shake

Lunch: Leftover chicken or roast beef

Supper: Sloppy joe (open-faced on bottom of small bun for me)

Snacks if needed: apple with greek yogurt, cheese stick

Have had a nagging cough for over a week - thought it was getting better and came back last night, keeping me up most of the night. Praying it goes away soon since the only med that helps is the allergy medicine that leaves me tired and sluggish. Not exactly the motivation I need to get back on track after vacation!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

anniechanging
on 2/4/13 11:42 pm

Wow, congrats on your first donut.  I'm tempted but don't want to try anything like that for quite a while.  I'm in a food rut.  Had my surgery on Nov. 15/12.  I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian, and protein was always a challenge, and now much more so (things I used to love like eggs now gross me out).

B: Premier Protein shake on way to work

snack: Greek yogurt, 3 low-fat graham crackers

L: 1 Babybel Lite cheese, 2-3 crackers, fruit cup Or a few raw veggies with low fat dip

snack: Premier Protein shake on drive home from work

D: (always a tough meal...never really want anything).  maybe some soup

madeformore
on 2/5/13 12:41 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Could you do a vegetarian chili to get some protein in? Or the Bariatric Foodie blog has recipes using a product called TVP (textured vegetable protein), if you haven't tried that yet. Good luck - sucks to get stuck in a rut!

Amy

Cindyagogo
on 2/5/13 1:42 am
RNY on 02/21/12

Donut? Oiy, I don't even want to open that can of worms...one of my weaknesses....baked goods.

B-0% Plain Fage greek yogurt with strawberries and slivered almonds

L - 4 bean/ chicken casserole

S - Laughing Cow wedge, Melba toast with cuke slices on top

D - going to be baked sweet potato, edamame, small pork cutlet

madeformore
on 2/5/13 1:48 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

LOL. Which is why I only bought one of my favorite kind and only from the best bakery which is thankfully about 30 minutes from here and I never go there. Only the best if I'm going to splurge. :) I actually feel satisfied with it - instead of thinking "Oh, that was good, I want another", I feel like "That was good. I'm satisfied with my treat. Move on.". That is huge progress for me! But the rest of the day - careful eating is on the menu!

Amy

KittenLove
on 2/5/13 10:36 am - Around Knoxville, TN
I heart baked goods esp plain glazed donuts, cruellers, and cinnamon/coffee caki****ems
Confession: last Thursday I ate seven Krispy Kremes over the course of two hours

Be happy. 

AprilM1969
on 2/5/13 3:49 am - OH

It's been a busy stressful day!  Started off with walking out to my car to go to work to find someone trying to steal my car!  Yikes! 

B-EAS Protein Drink

S-Beef Jerky

L-Chicken lunchmeat, colby jack cheese on flat bread, pickles

S-SF pudding and then I had some raisins

D-Grilled shrimp, 1/3 c of red beans and rice and some green beans. 

Neen L.
on 2/5/13 5:01 am - Arlington, VA

Hi everyone!

Today has been an unbelievably positive and productive day. An issue I was having with a coworker was resolved with no hurt feelings, our authors received page proofs on time, I got a great 90 minute yoga practice in this morning, and our farm delivery for the week came. We've been getting our dairy and meats from a local farm in MD and it is great:

I think I'll roast that little chicken for dinner! Have a happy Tuesday all.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

Most Active
Recent Topics