My brain keeps telling me I am going to die if I dont eat soon

lilisasmith3
on 2/7/13 9:32 pm
RNY on 01/31/13

I realize I sound crazy. I KNOW that I will be fine so long as I try to drink my water and shakes and have popcicles but I cant help that part of my brain says...... danger warning it has been over a week since you ate food. Yesterday I managed to eat a pureed egg in 2 sittings but then I only got one shake in but almost all my water. Can someone please help me stop freaking out?

LucysJourney
on 2/7/13 10:15 pm - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

LOL...I know this is not funny...but I got a giggle out of it anyway...

I also had this conversation with my brain...trying to tell me what to do...I told my brain to STFU...I am in charge here and I will NOT trade what I want most for what I want at the moment.

Good luck with your ongoing conversations...I hope you prevaile....lol

~~ Lucy

robyn_fresh
on 2/7/13 10:15 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Why aren't you eating? Even if you're still on a fluid diet, you should be able to have sugar free jello, cream soups, etc

lilisasmith3
on 2/7/13 10:21 pm
RNY on 01/31/13

I am supposed to drink 3 Carnation instant breakfasts and 60 fl oz of water each day. I can have broth and jello but I always feel so full after the first shake I dont want anything else. I just ordered more Unjury chicken soup but it wont be here for a few days. I am jusy having an internal panic attack. Is this normal? Do other people have this anxiety or should I get my head examined? I am only on day 8.

RebeccaElise
on 2/7/13 11:30 pm - Quincy, MA

Yeah, I went through something similar. Plus, I just wanted to chew something! I just did what I could to remind myself that the protein shakes and liquids are food, just not the kind I'm used to, and otherwise tried to keep myself busy and distracted.

Come visit me on my blog, Through a Cooking Glass! I talk about my journey through WLS and learning to live, cook, and eat on the other side.  

mbear108
on 2/8/13 1:52 am

I get that way sometimes--still.

Sometimes  I really need to eat something not-sweet.  Do you have any unflavored protein powder?  That in some tomato soup is a nice change.  I also like the Campbells squash soup with protein powder.

good luck and hugs

thynnlynn
on 2/8/13 12:13 am - MI

I do not like it myself, but are you allowed to chew sugarless gum?

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Dani Dutch
on 2/8/13 2:07 am - Netherlands

It is normal to feel this way. I wanted something to eat, not just drink. You can make it, I promise it'll be all over before you know it. You'll be back to eating in a snap.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 198 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 14 views
Recent Topics