luvinmyself
on 2/8/13 8:41 am - GA
Revision on 11/14/12

Today I have had the following

60g protein

110g carbs 

13 g fiber

37.5g sugar

What do you guys think of these amounts? I never would have thought I would have had this many carbs

intil I sat down and added it all up. Even though I was told not to count carbs but only protein and sugar.

Ladytazz
on 2/8/13 8:45 am

At two months out you should be getting in more protein and less carbs.  Substitute some of those carb grams for protein grams.  I kept my carbs under 50 while losing.  Your sugar seems a little high, too, but that probably goes along with the higher carbs.

Are you satisfied with how things are going?  Your rate of loss?  If you are then you don't have to worry about it except the protein. You should be aiming for at least 80 grams a day and I make it over 100 grams a day of protein and over 100 oz of fluids a day and was very happy with my weight loss rate.  Also, how much are you hoping to lose?  If you have a lot to lose you may have to tighten up your eating more, at least until you are close to where you want to be.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

luvinmyself
on 2/8/13 8:55 am - GA
Revision on 11/14/12

Actually I'm losing really slow. I am a revision patient and I was only eating meat, veggies, eggs, cheese, and yogurt. But when I went to the Dr. I was told to eat some good carbs so I've had like low carb pita w/ tuna and those new special k protein cereal. I'm not eating bad foods but I guess I need to make more changes. I exercise 2 to 3 days a week but I know I'm not getting in a full 74 oz of water just yet.  I've lost around 47 pounds total but only 33 since surgery.

Ladytazz
on 2/8/13 9:21 am

I am a revision, too, from a very malabsorptive WLS.  My revision was actually to reduce the malabsorption.  I was cautioned that I may not lose any weight at all.  At that point I would have been happy not to gain any more.

I decided after my revision that I would look at the reasons I failed my first surgery.  First and foremost was untreated food addiction, specifically refined carbs.  I gave up all refined carbs and gluten and sugar.  I made a decision to get in at least 100 grams of protein and 100 oz of fluids, keep my carbs under 50 and my weight came off faster then it ever did, even after my first WLS, where I made no changes in my eating at all.  And I suck at exercise.  I just hate it and as much as I would try to force myself I could never stick with it.  Not a good thing but it didn't affect my weight loss as I lost even more then I planned.

Try to get in more dense protein like chicken and beef if you can.  Eat as much of that as you can before you eat the vegetables and other food.  And you may (most likely) need to supplement your protein with shakes.  I still have 2 a day.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/8/13 11:21 am - OH

I am kind of surprised that you were told to eat more good carbs since cheese, yogurt, and many veggies have carbs in them, so you were probably getting enough carbs already.  Personally, though, I wouldn't consider a low carb pita a good carb addition.  I would stick to whole grain bread products only.  That's just my opinion, though (although I am 5.5 years out and have not regained at all). 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 2/8/13 12:51 pm - OH

Veggies and yogurt are good carbs.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BugdocMom
on 2/8/13 9:00 am - CA

I agree with Ladytazz's assessment

Debbie W.
on 2/8/13 9:15 am
RNY on 12/11/12

My plan is eggs, fish, meat, and cheese first 8 weeks, one protein shake made with water.  At 8 weeks  I can add 1/2 cup non-starchy vegetable.  At 12 weeks I can add 1/2 cup fruit.  No mil****il six months, no extra carbs until I've lost 75 percent of my weight I need to lose.  I do have a low sugar/low carb Protein Bar at night with tea once in a while.  Otherwise I have a sugar free popsicle or s/f jello.  It's gotten harder since I started exercising.  

I personally thing you are eating way too many carbs and sugar.  increase your protein to feel fuller.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/8/13 11:23 am - OH

Just curious about what your doctor's reason is for no milk for the first 6 months?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Debbie W.
on 2/8/13 11:37 am
RNY on 12/11/12

I never questioned because he and the other doctor have been doing these WLS for years and they say this plan works.  I believe it's too many carbs for the protein.   I was a big milk drinker (skim) and thoughts would miss it but I don't.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 286 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 209 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 279 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 143 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 209 views