Protein and Liquids

dintybinty
on 2/11/13 1:48 am

Went to the doctor today, well the NUT. I am not getting my protein in nor my liquids..I am having all sorts of issues. I am dropping weight but its more than likely muscle..not fat.....I am so frustrated trying to get liquids in and cant because Im so full. I try. Then I dont like alot of foods, I am having trouble eating, so Im in a bit of a pickle...WHAT TO DO???

ebtiger24
on 2/11/13 2:01 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with
If I didn't use protein shakes I would not meet my goals. I have to have at least 1 shake to get to 60. I also eat yogurt as my snacks unless I have reached my limit for the day then I will switch to fruit. But I concentrate on protein first. When I eat my meal I eat the meat first then the vegetable or starch that has the most protein.

poet_kelly
on 2/11/13 2:42 am - OH

Really the only thing to do is to get them in anyway.  If you can't, you need to go to the ER for IV fluids.

Try sipping small amounts at a time, but sipping all day long.  Carry a drink everywhere you go.  You might find it easier to drink warm drinks than cool drinks.

What foods do you like?  If you don't like anything with protein, well, I realize this is not fun, but you're going to have to eat or drink something to get your protein in whether you like the way it tastes or not.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.