abdominal pain 4 weeks post op

Jen S.
on 2/13/13 11:05 am

1.5 weeks ago I tried a yoga class at my support group meeting when I was 2.5 weeks post op (bad idea in retrospect). Everything was fine one moment, and the next I had sharp pain near one of my incisions. The pain remained for the last week but only when the area was touched. The pain got worse though, not better. I saw my surgeon yesterday and she pressed on the area and said she didn't think there was a hernia. But ever since then, the pain has gotten much worse and is there constantly, even without the area being touched. My surgeon thought I had pulled a muscle or irritated something... would an irritated muscle become more painful after being pressed? I want to believe her because that would be the most benign cause of the pain. I also developed a rash over the painful area and it has been there the whole time as well. Has anyone experienced this? I do not know what I did. This all seems so crazy. 

wdwgram14
on 2/13/13 1:27 pm

rash and pain? did you have the chicken pox? shingles presents like that

Jen S.
on 2/13/13 2:04 pm

That is actually a really good idea (I have had chicken pox) but my rash isn't blistered at all. The rash is about 2 inches in diameter around my largest incision and flat. My surgeon has never seen that happen. The pain is what is concerning me at this point. Instead of getting better, it seems to be getting worse. But as long as food is going down and coming out, lol, I guess I shouldn't have too much to worry about.

wdwgram14
on 2/14/13 2:49 am

i just remembered when i had one of my back surgeries about a 4 inch scar it got a rash also and itchy .. i did change shampoo to a flowery kind and i stoed using it nd the rash went away dont know if it was why but , your concern just remeined me of that , every once i a while the rash comes back just not as bad.. hope all is well :)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 353 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 161 views
Recent Topics