First stall 2 weeks out??

maranda3
on 2/22/13 9:57 am - Canada
RNY on 02/08/13
I think this is my first post on this board although I've been lurking for some time now. i'm freaking out a bit and need some advice. Could i be experiencing my First stall already? Or am I just expecting too much? I am exactly 2 weeks out. I'm getting in 60-80 grams of protein/day and way more than 64oz of fluids. I'm tracking everything I put in my mouth and am taking in between 450-550 calories/day. I was 240 when I started my Pre-op diet on Jan 30. I was 226 the day of surgery and 118.9 1 week post op. I weighed myself today and I was 117.4!! Gah!! 1 lb lost all week? How is that possible? I've even been walking 45 min - 1 hour everyday for the last 4 days. I'm freaking out here. Help?
Sherrie P.
on 2/22/13 10:08 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Holy Moly - I am 2 days farther out than you and would kill to be able to have the energy to walk an hour! If you look at it like you have lost 9 pounds instead, that 4.5 pounds per week which is great. It is way to early to freak out.  Plus, don't forget you are smaller than a lot of people.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Sarah R.
on 2/22/13 10:22 am

Simple answer you're not in a stall...its normal for the body to not lose daily or weekly..eventually monthy.

poet_kelly
on 2/22/13 11:26 am - OH

It would be very unusual to have a stall already, but since you did lose a pound in the last week, that's not a stall.  A stall is when you don't lose anything at all for a month or more.  So it's too soon to know yet if you're going to have a stall now or not.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

TamaraL
on 2/22/13 11:15 pm

you are going to have periods where you don't lose any or not much at all. right now your body is trying to catch up to all the weight loss you have had recently

Your post says you weighed 226 the day of surgery and you weighed 118.9 post op. heee heee. youve lost over 100 pounds in 2 weeks.  remember you have lost alot include pre op

Seriously though expect an average of 2-3 pounds/week.  Remember you didn't put it on in a day and your not going to lose it in a day.  I would go not losing any weight some weeks and then i would drop 3 pounds or more.

i would weigh every day but only count the weight loss for fridays because that was my day of surgery

Tamara

maranda3
on 2/22/13 11:41 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/08/13
Ha! Ya, that should have said 218 and 217 (not 118/117). Oops. Thanks guys for the responses. I don't have realistic expectations at times. It just came off so quickly pre-op and in the first week I thought it would continue that quickly. I get so paranoid that this isn't going to work!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 295 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 288 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views