I cheated!

RoxyFoxy
on 2/23/13 9:32 am, edited 2/23/13 9:50 am - FL
I cheated and I feel awful. I am on my 5th day pre op Optifast liquid diet, was doing great, lost 9lbs and I went and cheated at Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant.

I ate a salad and a cup of soup.

To top it off, I think I'm getting a cold, sore throat and sinus!

Surgery is on 3/5 and I'm hoping when I go in for final weigh in on 3/1, I'm ok.

~Guilty~

meeshelle
on 2/23/13 9:39 am
RNY on 03/04/13

I know how you feel i am on day 7 and think about cheating every minute of the day. I did take a bit of my husbands curry dinner tonight cause i could not control myself. i dont know what the ramifications are but it sure as heck felt good 2 weeks is very very long i dont have a weigh in i only go in on monday for a cross reference check on my blood type best wishes to you stay strong we CAN do this soon enough it will be all over

Visit my blog as I travel this new developing road. :)

http://iveweightedalongtimeforthis.blogspot.com/

countrygirljess
on 2/23/13 9:52 am
Just get back on track, don't stress. The good news is once you have the surgery, you learn you can't cheat like that! It hurts & is no fun when you go off plan! So just look forward & try, try again!

Jessica

poet_kelly
on 2/23/13 10:04 am - OH

For most people, at least, it's quite possible to "cheat" after surgery.  While some foods may cause discomfort for some people, most people are able to go off plan without it hurting.  For instance, my surgeon's plan did not include potato chips, but I can eat a handle with no pain.  His plan did not include Oreos but I can eat two or three with no pain at all (if I ate too many, I'd likely dump, but I can tolerate a couple just fine).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

countrygirljess
on 2/23/13 10:27 am
Yeah, I guess I meant that, for me, anyway, I find it harder to "cheat" now than before. Having the surgery is the "hardest diet" I've ever been on, because my new pouch and new insides cause me to be more conscious of what I eat. Before surgery, I could just go off my "diet" & move on, now, everything I put in my mouth gets considered fully, because I don't want to hurt my pouch or dump or feel bad later. I'm only 4 months out, so I guess it's part of the "training" to my new lifestyle. I would do it all again, I'm loving the thinner me & I've got 50 pounds to go!

Jessica

quiltpainter
on 2/24/13 5:02 am - CT

You should be fine, a salad is a good choice. Most likely the soup was too. You have gone overboard but you didn't. Its not likely to affect the surgery.  Time to focus, take your vitamins. Even if you get sick you have time to recover, better now than next week.

Best of luck with your surgery!!!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 338 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 103 views