Preop diet and struggling

Eva1230
on 3/1/13 6:35 am
My surgery is in four days. I am on a liquid diet. I did fine the first week but this week I have struggled and cheated. Now I feel guilt sinking in. I'm so nervous about the surgery. Never had anything like this done before. My surgeon did sai I could have food but to limit it to veg and lean meat.
I know I will get blasted for cheating but I did it I can't take it back.
I actually met a man yesterday who is scheduled to have his surgery right after me - he said he has struggled with the liquids as well.
I'm just bummed.
_Islander_
on 3/1/13 6:49 am
RNY on 03/11/13

I'm on day 1 of my pre-op diet and I'm starving! All liquids for me, protein shakes, sf popsicles, sf pudding, broth, and decaf coffee/tea. I don't know how I'm gonna survive another 9 days of this? This is brutal haha

Eva1230
on 3/1/13 6:52 am
It's mentally hard. I have a friend who isn't having the surgery doing it with me. She hasn't cheated and has actually gained weight. I'm down 9lbs. I'm a Baylor nurse so weekends I don't have time to even think of food. During the week I'm at home by myself. Go to the gym for an hour that's all.
I hope you make it without cheating! I have my fingers crossed for you!!!
_Islander_
on 3/1/13 7:01 am
RNY on 03/11/13

Same to you. I too am an RN and only working the next two weekends. I'm home alone most days. My 18y daughter, who isn't having surgery, is doing this with me as well. I'm sure she'll be a great support if she ever wakes up off the couch. lol

Bellaluna468
on 3/1/13 9:01 am
RNY on 10/26/12

Try to get past the mental for the next few days and stick it out.  It is tough, and I had some protein early into my 2 week liquid diet. The most important thing is to shrink your liver so they can do the procedure lap.

try to fight the hunger...eat all the jello or broth you can, if you are entitled and stick to the program.

madeformore
on 3/1/13 10:21 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

For those of you who are going to be home all week b/c you work the weekends, I suggest finding something to do to keep you busy - possibly even out of the house - some of the time. Sitting at home thinking about it makes it even more torturous! Hang in there - the end of this stage is near!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Eva1230
on 3/1/13 10:26 am
My diet is 70g protein, 800-1000 cals, 80-100g carb, 10 cups of liquid.
All has to be in liquid form.
I do three-four shakes a day drink water and eat sf jello. Thanks for all the kind words. I plan to stick to the diet for the remaining days until surgery.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 370 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 337 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 140 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 212 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics