Please help with suggestions-TMI

vickim69
on 3/1/13 12:46 pm

I hate to post this, but I had surgery on the 18th. Since then I have only had 2 small bowel movements. It's been almost 6 days now. I have been using Miralax for 3 days now and nothing. I was hoping to hear back from my doctor before they left for the weekend, but did not. What can I safely try to relief this issue. I don't want to hurt my new pouch. But it is becoming unbearable.

( I am getting in at least 64 ozs of water each day. I am also on pureed foods still.)

Thanks in advance. I'm loving my new pouch. But I have to get this figured out soon.

RNY 2/18/13  Pre 2 wk Optifast diet: 255   Surgery weight: 240    Current weight: 186.2

shedevilbecca
on 3/1/13 12:55 pm - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

I am still pre-op but I looked in my Gastric Bypass toolkit book and it says to use Milk of Magnesia, colace or other gentle stool softeners.

I hope this is of some help.

poet_kelly
on 3/1/13 3:45 pm - OH

A Dulcolax suppository.  Should give you results in less than an hour.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

vickim69
on 3/1/13 8:27 pm

okay, I will try these ideas. Thank you, I'm at my wits end with this. I appreciate it.

RNY 2/18/13  Pre 2 wk Optifast diet: 255   Surgery weight: 240    Current weight: 186.2

gmab
on 3/2/13 1:04 am - Canada

Just to let you know the BM's are not as often as when you were eating full meals.  It is normal to only go 3 to 4 days.  Are you still on the pain meds cause it is constipating, for that you will need stool softener and possibly senokot it is a natural laxative.  Are you having to strain to go if  not you just have to be patient.  Specially when you are not really on solid food yet and very small amounts. 

gail

acochran
on 3/2/13 2:39 am - GA

I was having the same problem using Miralax.My NUT said that if you don't drink in excess of your 64 ounces the miralax basically makes a brick out of your poop.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 385 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 171 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics