Looking for some friends!

Jessica H.
on 3/6/13 1:09 am - North Royalton, OH
RNY on 08/05/13

Hi there!  I'm Jessica.  I'm 27 years old and am on the path to surgery.  I've done a lot of research and am leaning towards RNY.  Anyway, I'm hoping that there are other people on this site that are looking for friends.  It doesn't matter what stage of the process you are in, I really think that having people that support you makes the difference between success and failure. I don't have too much support with family and friends (only a few people I'm talking about my surgery plans with), and a lot of people that aren't overweight and considering/had the surgery simply do not understand the emotional and physical reasons I am at this point. 

I am excited (and terrified)!  I'm having a hard time thinking of much besides the surgery and how my life will change.  I would love to have some friends from here who know EXACTLY what I am going through!!!

Anyway, please feel free to message me .

Jessica

Jessica

http://www.thebariatricdiva.com 

ialdridge
on 3/6/13 1:32 am - Humble, TX
RNY on 04/08/13

HI Jessica,

I just got my surgery date from my doctor so I am pretty excited.  I would love to be friends with you and we can journey together. 

Ingrid

jellyfishattack
on 3/6/13 1:40 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Hi Jessica,

I'm the biggest person in my family and my circle of friends and no one seems to quite understand either.  When I tell them to imagine walking around and doing everyday chores and then exercising with a 120lb bomb disposal suit on and a 30lb backpack on that seems to get them thinking a little, but they still don't really think I should be getting a RNY.

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

twopoundsaweek
on 3/6/13 2:51 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 03/28/13

Well I think you will find what you are looking for.  This is a great community and they ALL understand what you are going through.

Surgery Date 3/28/13

Follow my story at www.twopoundsaweek.com

HW - 435  SW - 405 CW - 320ish Don't have access to a scale right now.   

Snotme
on 3/6/13 2:53 am - PA
I know just how you feel Jessica, I'm two weeks post op and from the minute I made my decision to have RNY I became obsessed with this site and any information I could get. Follow instructions and you should have a smooth path. Good luck to you
Adrianne_Dawn
on 3/6/13 3:08 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12

Good luck!! :) RNY was the best decision of my life! :)

Angela_Italiana
on 3/6/13 8:51 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
Hey there! I'm 27 as well and just had my surgery 2 days ago. Let me know if you have any questions or just want to chat
Jessica H.
on 3/7/13 12:32 am - North Royalton, OH
RNY on 08/05/13
Thanks! How are you feeling? Congratulations on getting through to the other side!!!

Jessica

http://www.thebariatricdiva.com 

debbie A.
on 3/6/13 9:59 am - inland empire, CA

I'm new here also. My  Surgery is march 13. I couldnt be more excited and nervous at the same time. There are lots of answers to questions on here and some questions i couldve never come up with on my own. I get mixed reactions from my friends. 

Louise1974
on 3/6/13 10:16 am

Hi!  I am five months out and feeling great, I have lost 75 lbs and feel really really wonderful.  i was obsessed too and read every single thing I could.  the one thing I wish I had known is that while complications can happen, they don't always.  I had none at all.  Not one.  I was hiking ten days after surgery.  I am learning to hoop dance and wearing a size 10 (holy $%^#) and am amazed at how it feels to not have constant and persistant back pain.  I am very glad that I worked to get as healthy as possible before surgery, emotionally and physically.  I had a great therapist lined up who had had gastric bypass herself.  I learned everything I could about Mindful Eating and practiced that during the long months of waiting for surgery.  Now that I am losing so much I am dealing with some emotional issues that come up for me when I am thin related to a history of abuse.  but I knew that was coming and had a plan to deal with it.  I am so glad I made this decision.  good for you for putting yourself out there.  Good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views