Home Sweet Home...

RoxyFoxy
on 3/7/13 10:17 pm - FL

I'm finally home. I spent 3 days in the hospital due to pain, nausea and couldn't drink all my liquids.  
I don't have pain anymore but I sure do recommend a pillow for the ride home, every time we hit a bump it was an ouch!

It's difficult to drink all my liquids, I can only have sf jello, crystal light, broth and protein drinks. Tomorrow will go up to full liquids.  I just have to make sure I drink enough liquids so I won't dehydrate since my blood level is low.

I also came home with a lot of phlegm, mucous and cough, when I cough it hurts so I'm making sure I use my spirometer given at the hospital.

All in all in went well, I'm feeling much better today, just of course hungry. I need to start walking, walking and walking.

Eva1230
on 3/7/13 10:23 pm
Welcome home! Sorry you have some crud going on remember TCD = turn cough deep breathe it helps prevent pneumonia.
I have found I'm
Not really hungry it's the thought of food. Normally I don'****ch a lot of tv but I hve last few days and every other commercial is for food! Makes me want steak or burger. I can't wait to start on soft foods lol
Angela_Italiana
on 3/7/13 10:59 pm - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
Definitely use the spirometer and lots of coughing to get the phlegm up. Definitely don't want to get pneumonia.

Is your stomach telling you that you are hungry? Or your head? Because I have been seeing things on TV that look delicious and it makes me want to eat it. But as soon as I consciously stop and think about whether my stomach is hungry, I can immediately tell that it is not. Battling head hunger will be a big deal for most of us, so try and recognize the difference early on.

bbearsmama
on 3/8/13 2:33 am
RNY on 02/28/13

I can vouch for that. My surgery was last week and I was VERY lax about using the spirometer.  I ended up BACK in the hospital with pneumonia! That was no fun at all!  Check your temp if you think you might be running a fever.

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

thynnlynn
on 3/7/13 11:39 pm - MI

Glad to hear things are looking up.  Walk and sip!

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

obsessedoveranumbe
r

on 3/8/13 1:32 am, edited 3/8/13 1:32 am

Congrats! SORRY FOR THE CRUD  & DRIVE HOME. You seem to be off on the right foot. Keep drinking, walking and using your spirometer. Follow your doctor's advice and things will go well. GOOD LUCK!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 344 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 196 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 269 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?