Naughty 7 Guilty

RebelK
on 3/8/13 3:21 am - TX
RNY on 01/15/13

I am embarrassed to tell all of you this but I'm going to anyway. I'm almost 8 weeks post-op and today they had a pizza party at work and I ate 1 1/2 slices. I didn't dump. I feel a little uncomfortable but not that much. How could I do this? Physically and mentally? I have been so good and watching what I eat and exercising. I really feel bad about this today.

Kathy

poet_kelly
on 3/8/13 3:38 am - OH

I wouldn't expect you to dump on pizza, since it's usually low in sugar. 

Physically, I wonder if you were able to eat that much because your nerves haven't fully healed yet so you weren't able to feel how full you were.  I ate just over one a half slices of thin crust pizza for lunch today (Dominoes) and wished I hadn't eaten so much.  I was overly full and my stomach hurt.

Mentally, I don't know why you ate that much.  You don't know either?  What's on your meal plan at this point?  Maybe just the toppings from one slice would have been OK.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

robin1103
on 3/8/13 3:47 am - MD
RNY on 11/13/12

Funny I always feel guilty after eating pizza.  I only eat up the crust part and can eat 2 pieces.  The mental part is playing with you now because you feel guilty. 

SW 238 CW 189 GW 135

RebelK
on 3/8/13 4:21 am - TX
RNY on 01/15/13

Since week 5 I've been able to eat pretty much anything I want to, just in very small portions. Up until this point I've made great, healthy choices in what I've eaten. It's really not true that I don't know why I ate it. I did it because I wanted to. I'm just worried that I can eat that much of something.

Kathy

anewbeginning2012
on 3/8/13 4:51 am, edited 3/8/13 5:08 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

Don't be embarrassed and don't beat yourself up over doing this once... Please don't take this the wrong way, but I would be concerned about eating 1- 1/2 pcs. this early out. I am 5 months out and don't think I couldn't do that -On the bright side of this, you said you have ate pretty healthy so far. That is a good thing. Do you normally measure your food? Just try to remember we only have a tool, the rest is up to us making wise food choices and portions. Yes, you may slip up every now and then, as alot of us do, but you know pizza is not healthy for you so I wouldn't make it a habit- which I am sure you won't. You said you did it because "you wanted to"...that is how we all got to where we were before surgery.

Kris        
SarahLee1969
on 3/8/13 9:06 am - NY
I am 7 months out and had pizza today. I ate the toppings off 1 small slice and a couple bites of the crust.I started my meal with some salad toppings (skipped the lettuce) had some egg white, garbanzo beans,swiss cheese and black olive.Then moved on to the pizza topping (just cheese and sauce) and finished with the crust. I was satisfied and got in my protein.
It was nice to enjoy a "special treat" with my coworkers and know I was still OK with my pouch and eating for the day.
anewbeginning2012
on 3/8/13 10:19 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

That sounds really good Sarah!

Kris