Garnier Shampoo...oh my!!

RoxyFoxy
on 3/9/13 4:16 am, edited 3/9/13 4:16 am - FL

Omg! I washed my hair for the 1st time with Garnier Fall Fight Shampoo(4 days post-op) and my hair was literally falling in clumps even when blow drying.

If this is now, I would hate to see my hair loss at 3-6 months post op

When did everyone begin taking biotin? I could only start today multivitamins.

obsessedoveranumbe
r

on 3/9/13 4:20 am

CONGRATS! GOOD LUCK!

I never took biotin separately. I just cut my hair short. Keep your protein as high as you can and follow doctor's advice . DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!

emt_amy
on 3/9/13 6:51 am - MN
i wound up cutting my hair short cuz mine was falling out in big chunks. i took biotin right away. it cant do any harm(im not a dr tho, talk to them first) keep the protein first. it helps slow the hair loss.

dont know if you know but the reason we lose the hair is because when we had the surgery we put our bodies through such a shock that it stops the hair growing cycle. your hair will grow back. its just scary seeing all it go down the drain. we lose around 100 hairs a day normally.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/9/13 7:33 am - OH

The biotin won't affect the hairloss at all, and it might or might now help the regrowth. I started taking it 2 months pre-op and still lost half of my hair and it took forever to grow it back.  The loss you are experiencing now is a reaction to the anesthesia and separate from the telogen effluvium that will come in a few months. Just keep reminding yourself that it is temporary... And get in your vitamins and as much protein as you can (because not enough protein can make the hairloss worse).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Dorkgirl_41
on 3/9/13 8:48 am - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

I just asked my surgeon this week about Biotin. She said I can definitely take it now and after surgery. But, as Lora pointed out, it may or may not help. I'm willing to try it. I used to take it and it seemed to help some, and definitely made my nails stronger.

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

wifeofathinman
on 3/9/13 11:20 am

I'm not trying to be a downer, but I got a bottle of Biotin and started on it in hopes that when I do have the surgery, I wouldn't have too much problem with hair loss.  After a few weeks, I started noticing headaches and a few were quite bad, did some research and found that indeed Biotin "for some" causes headaches.  Now it might not for you, which I hope is the case!!! But for me, it just wasn't an option.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 262 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 134 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?