Nectar Protein Drink ?

mercedes66693
on 3/9/13 9:17 pm

Hello everyone,

Start my pre op diet tomorrow surgery is set for March 25th :),

Just a question on what is considered the size of a protein drink? Nectar says 1 full scoop gives you 28 grams of protein but you are only supposed to mix a 1/4 of a scoop with 4 ounces of water and that is a serving (which means only 7 grams of protein) so should I be drinking 16 ounces as one serving or only 4 to 8? So confused.  My pre op diet is 3 protein drinks for the day and clear liquids so not sure how much Nectar I'm  to consider one serving?

Thanks

KatBee
on 3/9/13 10:18 pm

I just looked up the label for Nectar & it says serving size is 1/4 scoop & that will give you 6 grams of protein. you will def need a drink that is higher in protein then that

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 3/9/13 10:22 pm
RNY on 01/10/12

When I did protein drinks I did a full scoop of protein in a 20 oz bottle of water. If my protein for the day was low I'd do two full scoops.

I liked the Roadside Lemonade flavor, because I could add other flavorings too. Like, add a cherry Crystal-Lite packet and you have cherry lemonade. Or lime. Or peach. Or whatever.

I don't drink protein drinks any more, but I still use the Syntrax Vanilla to mix with Greek yogurt (3/4 scoop for 3/4 cup of yogurt) and add fruit or Crystal-Lite for flavor.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

wmamey
on 3/9/13 11:44 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
I like the nectars, I mix one full scoop in 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk. If I use the carribbean cooler, I use Trop 50 orange juice 3-4 ounces and 4 ounces unsweetened almond milk with a little coconut extract and 2 strawberries. Makes me a nice dacquiri! Might have a little more calories than you would like. I need the extra calories to support my workouts.

Karen1961
on 3/10/13 11:32 am - Camp Verde, AZ
RNY on 12/31/12

I love then nectar protein shakes.  I just mix them with water and a fully scoop, about 8 oz. of water.  My favorite is the cappucino flavor and I think I've been living on that for quite awhile now!

mercedes66693
on 3/11/13 12:33 am

Well had my first Nectar Chocolate Truffle was good compared to a lot of others I've had mixed 1 full scoop with Simply Smart fat free milk that was breakfast.

Going to try the fuzzy navel for lunch the powder smelt really good going to mix that with water.  Getting excited and nervous for my surgery date it's going to be a long 2 weeks!

gek9742000
on 3/12/13 11:24 am
RNY on 10/29/12

I use a full scoop every morning and mix the chocolate with about 10oz skim milk and the strawberry with about 12oz of water.

250 day of surgery 
150 current weight
135 goal weight

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 310 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 227 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views