Reversal

Tbrent
on 3/11/13 12:03 pm - Farmington hills, MI

Has anyone had a reversal?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/11/13 12:33 pm - OH

There are a  couple of people who have been here in the past who have had RNY reversals, but once they have it done, they generally disappear from here. Reversals are generally only done when the patient's health is seriously in danger, because reversing a RNY is much more difficult (and carries more risk of serious complication) than the original surgery.  Most RNY surgeons are not trained to do reversals.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Tbrent
on 3/11/13 12:36 pm - Farmington hills, MI

My dr recommended it because I won't stop losing 

cajungirl
on 3/11/13 1:24 pm
When was your surgery? There are enzymes that can help if your health is in jeopardy due to excessive weight loss. Are you underweight on the BMI charts?

Reversals are serious business and should only be done if there are no other options by an EXPEREINCED reversal surgeon do not trust an inexperienced surgeon to take on a major surgery.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Tbrent
on 3/12/13 12:08 am - Farmington hills, MI

March 5 last year I started at 420 I'm 197 now we are trying to pack on calories now so we will see

cajungirl
on 3/12/13 12:38 am, edited 3/12/13 12:39 am

A few more questions if you don't mind answering.  How tall are you?  What is your BMI?  The weight doesn't look excessively low unless you are rather tall. 

At one year out there is no way in he(( I'd let a doctor try to convince me to get a reversal.  It is more than likely you'll see some weight gain in the next year or two anyway especially if you are not following a standard rules of gastric bypass eating, vitamins, liquids, exercise, etc.

Edit:  I just did a BMI calculation for someone 6'3" and 197 lbs.....that's a BMI of 24.7 which is just within the normal range.  I'm not trying to second guess you but the freak out of where you are at at 1 year out is really unreasonable.  Try to take a deep breathe and let things settle down, I think you'll find yourself happy with the weight you are in the next few months.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Tbrent
on 3/12/13 12:47 am - Farmington hills, MI

I'm 6'1 I don't feel I've lost too much the Dr is just freaking out I'm just gonna keep trucking along 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 432 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 163 views
Recent Topics