My brain can't catch up!

LaToya N.
on 3/16/13 8:10 am - MD
RNY on 11/19/12

My theory about the brain lagging behind is that the misery and sacrifice you make when you are dieting and exercising is not there after RNY. I remember when I would lose 50 pounds in the past.  I would work out for hours daily and would starve myself to the point of feeling painfully hungry.  I have now lost 81 pounds in less than 4 months while moderately exercising most days of the week and feeling satisfied after a few bites of food but I can't see a difference.  I remember losing 5 pounds in the past and would celebrate but that was because I was going hardcore with the dieting and exercising. After surgery, I feel like I don't appreciate the weight loss like I did before surgery.  Now I just expect the weight to fall off and get impatient when I don't lost fast enough!!!!

GoofyGirl65
on 3/16/13 12:29 pm - CA

I feel like that most days. I think I feel that way because I have failed so many times in the past, that some of the joy is gone. The weight loss is somewhat effortless, so the hard work that I have put in with passed attempts seemed worthy of celebration. I don't know why either. My surgery was 11/26/12 and I have lost 62 lbs. but I can't get my ticker to move from my starting weight. You are doing  wonderful. Keep up the good work.

RNY: 11/26/12   HW: 299lbs   SW: 288   Goal wt: 170lbs

LaToya N.
on 3/17/13 3:11 am - MD
RNY on 11/19/12

Congrats on your 62 lb weight loss.  If you go to health tracker and type in your current weight, it should automatically update your ticker.  I feel the same way about my weight loss being effortless.  In the past, I would buy new clothes after every 10 lbs. and   make a big deal out of the little weight I would lose.  Nowadays, I don't talk to anyone about my weight loss because I don't feel that I can take all of the credit for it because of this tool.  

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 346 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 292 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 462 views