Is something wrong or just the flu?

vickim69
on 3/17/13 7:11 am

The last few days, I have been sick to my stomach most of the day. Some days I can eat and some days I end up sick. I'm able to drink my fluids though. I'm not sure if it the flu bug since it is going around or if something is wrong with my pouch. It's been this way for 4 days. Today is the worse though. I was exposed to the flu bug around a week ago. Just getting worried.

RNY 2/18/13  Pre 2 wk Optifast diet: 255   Surgery weight: 240    Current weight: 186.2

65rosesmom
on 3/17/13 7:19 am

It does sound viral to me, but if it lasts much longer a call to your doctor is in order.  Feel better.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

poet_kelly
on 3/17/13 7:20 am - OH

The flu is a respiratory illness, although people with the flu sometimes have nausea or vomiting as well as respiratory symptoms.  Do you have a fever?  Sore throat, headache, runny nose, cough?  If so, it's probably the flu.  If not, then it doesn't sound like the flu.

Even if it's not the flu, that doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong with your pouch.  Do you only get sick after eating certain foods?  Are you eating too fast or not chewing well enough sometimes?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jzwife
on 3/17/13 8:11 am

There are a lot of different types of flu out there right now. You don't have to be running a fever to have a viral infection. Unless you are vomiting, in a lot of pain or losing a lot of fluid to where you need an IV I would hang in there for a few days. Take a good probiotic to help settle the stomach- get some good bacteria in there. If its not better in a couple of days or you start running a fever or have a lot of pain then I would go to your  ER and see whats up.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 497 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 478 views