Discouraged!

misspeachpie
on 3/21/13 4:23 am - FL
I just weighed in at my post op appt and I've only lost 7 freakin lbs! Wth! I'm beyond pissed!
lena_29
on 3/21/13 4:25 am

Hang in there!  I had a similar experience but I had gained 7 in the hospital from the fluids.   It will work.  It has too.  I feel like the weight should fall off from this liquid diet.  :)  Hope your day gets better!

aquapeach
on 3/21/13 4:39 am - Germany
RNY on 03/13/13

Just try to remain positive.. I know its hard = especially when you dont see the scale move.. but it WILL.. Best of luck to you !

madeformore
on 3/21/13 7:14 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Remember that part of the awesomeness of weightloss surgery is the consisitancy of weightloss. I only lost 10 lbs my first month and kept thinking "i had surgery for THAT?!". But I kept losing from month to month and am now 9 months out and down a total of 90+ lbs (including pre-op). So your job is just to keep following the plan and do your best not to stress over the numbers. It will happen!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Megan S.
on 3/21/13 7:35 am - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13

I too have only lost 7lbs and my first post op appt is tomorrow. I was a little disappointed but know this will work!

thynnlynn
on 3/21/13 8:13 am - MI

I am 8 days out, gained 15 pounds in the hospital. Yesterday, I finally weighed what I went in at. 

Today I am 2 pounds less than I started.  I start pureed foods tomorrow.  My dietician called me to ask how I was doing and I asked her what a serving of pureed food should be and she said 1 tablespoon.  1 tablespoon??????  Yep!  I have not been hungry, but this sounds like a ridiculously small amount to me.  I will make some chili and puree me up a cup or so.  I also wanted to cook some chicken, so I guess I will puree a cup of that too.  Between the two, that should get me through the week.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 223 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?