Plastic surgery question

L. Matteson
on 3/22/13 11:20 am
RNY on 07/02/12

I need an approximate estimation of the cost of abdominoplasty! 

Can anyone help??

debbie A.
on 3/22/13 11:23 am - inland empire, CA

The prices are different everywhere you go, especially in different states. From what ive read you can get a mommy makeover for around $10,000

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/22/13 11:29 am - OH

It varies WIDELY depending on the geographical area you live in and even from surgeon to surgeon in a given area.  It also depends on whether the surgeon uses a full-service hospital or a surgical center (which is less expensive).

Here in southern Ohio, I paid a little over $7500 for mine using a surgical center three years ago, but I had two other consultations and the prices varied by as much as $2500 on either side of that.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MyLady Heidi
on 3/22/13 11:45 am

My  tt was a while ago at a teaching hospital, Yale in CT, back in 2006 it was 4k.  Best money I ever spent.

AR_Queen
on 3/22/13 12:35 pm
RNY on 05/29/13

Definitely check around.  I work at a hospital, and we have a package deal that includes the hospital, surgeon, anesthesia and pathologist.  It is much cheaper than "sticker" price.  But, also, make sure you check out the surgeon and hospital as well.  Don't shop on just price alone.  If your provider doesn't already have package prices in place, ask if they have a significant discount if you pay in advance.

Mary Catherine
on 3/22/13 3:46 pm
In economically depressed northeast Ohio mine was $5000 for hospital and surgeon and included one night in hospital. My surgeon charged 11,000 when he worked in Dallas and 14,000 when he practiced in Boston. Location is the main factor.
Most Active