Liquid Diet before Surgery

michellemuss
on 3/25/13 1:49 am

Today is my first day of the liquid diet for pre-op. My doctor was somewhat unclear on what to eat. I don't have a specific list. I have been drinking protein shakes and made a puree carrot soup. Is it okay to eat applesauce and yogurt?

Mary Catherine
on 3/25/13 2:05 am, edited 3/25/13 2:06 am

My liquid diet was only clear, sugar-free liquids.  Every surgeon has their own idea of what they want, so call and ask.  The diet I did as great as it got me away from carbs and also took off ten pounds in seven days. 

poet_kelly
on 3/25/13 2:21 am - OH

Since all docs have different recommendations regarding a pre op diet, I suggest calling yours to ask.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Guera84
on 3/25/13 2:23 am - CA
I just started mine too.. I would suggest calling dr . Mine is mu h different then others have been. Best of luck to u

Follow my journey @ http://brievasquez.blogspot.com    

HW: 260 / SW: 255.6 / CW:169 / GW: 120 / RNY 4/8/13  

Dalton
on 3/25/13 4:13 am

I am finding they all have different acceptable items. I started mine Saturday, so today is Day 3. I have basically only done the Protein Shakes, but he does permit me to have 400 calories a day of fruits or veggies, and if I REALLY need something protein I can have a slice of turkey or chicken lunchmeat. Good Luck!

bbearsmama
on 3/25/13 10:54 pm
RNY on 02/28/13

Mine was just 5 shakes per day. I could have clear stuff-like jello or popsicles. Definitely call your doctor. I am surprised the office did not go over that with you.

Best of luck to you!

Pam :)

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views