Good book

Tt165
on 3/28/13 11:37 am - West Terre Haute, IN

Am reading Stranger Here: How Weight Loss Surgery Transformed My Body by Jen Larsen.  So far, it is full of 'what not to do' after WLS. 

Is anyone else reading this book or has read this book? Opinions? 

Carpe Diem:)

lesbella
on 3/28/13 12:13 pm
RNY on 07/25/13

I have read it as well....lots of opportunities to learn from someone else's mistakes.  I loved her honesty,  and it was an entertaining read. I plan on going into surgery much more informed than she did

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/13 12:33 pm

I just read it, too, with mixed feelings. She made it seem so easy and while I'm still pre-op I don't think it will be quite like that. Heck, she didn't even have trouble with her insurance company! Plus she continued to smoke and drink after surgery--that doesn't seem very healthy. Overall, though, it was a fun book to read and it makes me even more anxious to get started and I wonder if April 17th will ever get here.

Tt165
on 3/28/13 2:48 pm - West Terre Haute, IN

VAShar, 

not having problems with the insurance company is a rarity!  My SD was 12/13/12 and I have been sick due to eating too fast ( my biggest battle) 

If you don't mind, I would like to share with you one piece of advice that I wish someone would have told me- take a stool softener every day. 

Good luck:) keep us posted:))

Carpe Diem:)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 358 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 440 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 335 views