Half way there

justme2012
on 3/29/13 9:53 am - FL

5 months post op and I have reached the half way mark to goal...The only issue I'm having is moodiness.  Everything bugs me, and I hate being around people.  Physically I feel good, not hungry, don't feel like I'm being deprived of any foods, getting all my protein and fluids in, just irratible all the time. :(

I don't see my surgeon until May 7th at which time I will have results of lab work.  Hope it gets better soon!

LadyLilMax
on 3/29/13 2:10 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

First of all, you have lost an amazing amount of weight very rapidly!  Secondly, hormones are trapped in our fat cells so with the loss, the hormones flood and affect our moods.  Maybe some coping activities would help?  Soothing music, massage, hitting a pillow(lol) whatever helps you to cope.  

good luck and let us know how you are doing.

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Karen1961
on 3/29/13 3:51 pm - Camp Verde, AZ
RNY on 12/31/12
Just wanted to reply and let you know you are not alone! I'm 3 months post op and irritability is my usual state lately. I'm a nurse and I used to love being around people, connecting with them and helping people do what they can't do for themselves. No one has seemed to notice it but holy cow the thoughts in my head these days! I'm wondering if I should be placed in permanent isolation! I've read it's the hormones stored in our fat cells so there's hope! Good luck,breath deep and congratulations on your amazing weight loss.
justme2012
on 3/30/13 4:42 am - FL

Thanks guys!  I think hitting the pillow thing might work...

Most Active
Recent Topics