scale not moving

debbie A.
on 4/4/13 2:48 pm - inland empire, CA

So I am 3 weeks and 1 day post op. For the last week, I haven't lost any weight. It's kinda depressing since I dont eat hardly anything. Most drink protein shakes and water. Any reasons why this would happen?

Angela_Italiana
on 4/4/13 3:57 pm - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
It's normal for weight loss to stop around the third to fourth week after surgery. It's just your body readjusting to everything. Mine lasted almost two weeks. Try not to let it get to you, you'll start losing again.
debbie A.
on 4/4/13 6:55 pm - inland empire, CA

Hopefully, thanks

poet_kelly
on 4/4/13 9:06 pm - OH

Because that's the way weight loss usually works.  We don't lose every day or every week.  If that depresses you, stay of fthe scale for a while.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

TXKashmir
on 4/4/13 11:02 pm - Grand Prairie, TX

I agree with Kelly - please don't let yourself get depressed over a number. Concentrate on getting better, taking care of yourself, and following your surgeon's plan. I didn't even own a scale until I hit goal. You're gonna do fine - I promise you won't be the only person in the history of the world who doesn't lose weight with surgery!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Sara L.
on 4/5/13 12:16 am

My weight loss, from start to finish, went in "fits and starts", so to speak. I'd plateau for a few days (sometimes 10 days), then drop 3-5 pounds seemingly overnight. Your body is trying to adjust to a very new system, so be patient. Follow the rules, get your protein, be as active as possible, and it'll work. :)

beverlyp
on 4/5/13 10:45 pm, edited 4/5/13 10:46 pm

I'm new at the WLS thing, but an old pro at diets and the most important thing I learned from dieting is that just because the scale is not moving does not mean you are not loosing weight.  Every person is different I guess but when I start a new diet I tend to stay away from the scale.  Instead I go to walmart and buy a top or pair of shorts one size to small and try it on once a week till it fits.  Fat doesn't weigh very much and it takes a lot of it to make a pound, inches are easier to measure to me. 

Forgot to mention...sometimes (for me anyway) when I start loosing weight I will retain water also which makes the scale an enemy of mine and is another reason I avoid it.  If you have been starving for a week it really sucks to jump on the scale expecting results and see a 2 lb. water gain....