Gas?

Alma Salazar
on 4/6/13 11:15 am - Dallas, TX

I have horrible gas pains but it's in my upper back and it hurts so bad - anyone felt that before and what helps? I'm taking a few things over the counter and they sometimes work and other times nothing helps. I've tried to avoid the obvious foods that tend to cause gas, but there must be something else that's causing this or possibly over eating?  I'm not sure..this is a new thing and my surgery was a year ago.

Zeigled
on 4/6/13 12:26 pm - Parkton, MD

It may be gas just in a different area - part way up your esophagus (sp?) versus in your intestines.  In you upper back....where?  How high up?  Are you sure it's gas pain and not a shoulder issue or something?  Also - try slowing down.  Sometimes you can get gas from eating too fast - not just what you eat, but how you eat.

HW 357 SW 341   

Allen Y.
on 4/6/13 5:49 pm - Garland, TX

All I can tell you is I have the gas issue right now and if a woman's cycle is worse than these cramps I feel for you sister. This pain is horrible!

chrissyd1221
on 4/7/13 12:49 pm - May, TX
RNY on 03/05/13
The first three weeks I went thru a box of gas x strips a week. Still use them about once or twice a week. They saved me lots of pain. And walking for about 8-10 min helped as well.