Body wraps......

Tammy S.
on 4/11/13 9:45 am - DE
So last night at my daughter's softball practice i really ticked off one of the moms. She was going on and on about these body wraps she is doing. She has body wrap parties! She is very heavy in her belly area and was telling us how she is on the auto ship program and we should all buy it, etc.....i said well i would think it is all water weight especially since she told us she also puts saran wrap over the wrap. She said it's no****er weight, it dissolves the fat cells....i said well, you let me know, but i would say as soon as you stop "wrapping" you will put that weight back on. She was so mad! By no means am i an expert, but if that was the key to magical weight loss, we would all be skinney! It just amazes me that people buy into this stuff! She thinks it is going to make her skinney! Well, go right ahead...i am good with my rny!! Lol....

LaToya N.
on 4/11/13 10:16 am - MD
RNY on 11/19/12

I see you are in Delaware where I am originally from.  My friend's daughter plays softball there and her mother swears by the wraps and has wrap parties all the time.  I truly think you are talking about her! I get so annoyed by hearing about this wrap all the time! It's hard for me to believe that there are 2 crazy wrappers in Delaware!

Tammy S.
on 4/11/13 10:20 am - DE
Lol! That is too funny! The way she was going on and on, i thought she had stock in the company!

Dee.spunk
on 4/11/13 10:54 am - Sacramento, CA
Someone on Instagram was trying to get me to buy em too. I just said no thanks, not right now. But I don't think they work. Plus, I can wrap myself in Saran Wrap for a dollar. Lol!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Tammy S.
on 4/11/13 8:33 pm - DE
Lol. I wrapped my belly after surgery in saran so i could take a shower and i was sweating my butt off, so i know shes lying when she says it didnt make her sweat.....

charjames
on 4/11/13 10:18 pm - PA
RNY on 10/30/12

lol!  cracking up at all the comments...especially because I used to be the one saying all those things too.  If its the product I think it is - I actually tried it for free a month ago...and to my surprise LOVE IT!  My stomach was tighter/firmer & my stretch marks had faded (not as noticeable).  the saran wrap just holds it in place. doesnt have anything to do with making it work.  I wrap at home on my couch and dont need saran wrap unless I'm going to cook dinner, etc. I couldnt believe my eyes when I took the wrap off after having it for an hour and I am a HUGE skeptic. 

It's not for everyone but for me seeing was believing.  and I thought it could be water weight too but I was actually encouraged to drink water while wrapping and after.  They said it flushed toxins, etc out- like a cleanse.  I know they sound crazy but I'm glad I tried it.  I look and feel better and an going to do it again.  I guess trying it out for yourself is the only way to know for sure.

Tammy S.
on 4/11/13 11:59 pm - DE

If you are happy using it, more power to you. But in my opinion, it's water weight. They encourage you to drink water, because they know it's removing the water from your body, which can be dangerous for people with certain health conditions. It's like taking a water pill. I would encourage you to check your potassium levels also.  I personally wouldn't use them. That's why I had RNY and changed my eating habits and exercise every day.... if it is working for you, I'm happy for you. I just think it's temporary. Again, just my opinion....

Adrianne_Dawn
on 4/12/13 3:12 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12

Hahahaaha- So funny - I have someone on my FB that just started selling this crap. I'm like uhhhh when you get skinny then I'll believe it.  It is 100% water weight that they are losing.  Rolls eyes.  I mean if you have a hot date or a skimpy dress you want to wear sure wrap yourself up and make it tighter but it's no different then the old school ones they'd do at beauty places back in the 90's!!

I also have another friend that selling Limitless and she is CONSTANTLY telling me I should come and listen to her thing on it to sell it and try it.  I'm like I can't take any of that crap...I'm sure the protein powder is full of sugar and carbs. Lol People just don't get it.

ktaborelli
on 4/12/13 2:14 pm - Hampton, NJ

I sell those wraps and use them myself. The saran wrap is only to keep the wrap in place, but they do work and the lady is right, it detox the cells. She is right that it is no****er weight. If you eat healthy and exercise the results will last, but if you wrap and just sit on your a@# eating chips and ice cream it will come back. You also need to be realistic. I use them on my stomach and have lost inches, but have also seen amazing results with my scars from surgery and my stretch marks. There is no way that they will ever tone or tighten my stomach    to where I want it to be, only having a tummy tuck and skin removal will do that. 

The company is a wellness company and the wrap is only one product that we sell. I am 19 months post op and use several of the products to help me with my nutritional needs as well as boosting my metabolism. I know many people that have lost a lot of weight using the supplements(80 pounds and up), the wraps do work, but you are not going to get "skinny" using them if you are obese.  Not trying to sell anybody on them, just wanted to educate.

PS I did not start using or selling until a few months ago, It is a great company with great products, but definitely a quick fix!

ktaborelli
on 4/12/13 2:19 pm - Hampton, NJ

Sorry post should say not a quick fix.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 223 views