Eating is being a problem!

Tess0306
on 4/9/13 3:39 am - TX

I am 6 weeks out....and I am just having a terrible time eating.  It just seems that nothing tastes good right now.  I get some of it down, but it is a job.  I get my protein in by drinking the shakes right now, but is it just my tastes buds?  Will this ever change?  I am going to a support group Thursday and maybe they can be of help.  Has anyone else had this problem?  

Tess    

Dee.spunk
on 4/9/13 3:56 am - Sacramento, CA
It rook a while for the taste of food to adjust. Probably about 3 months. It felt like a chore to eat, but you gotta do it. Take advantage of this time to learn to eat right. Eventually tastes comes back and better to have good habits in place when that happens.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Tracy91002
on 4/9/13 4:26 am
RNY on 01/17/13

Spices really helped me.  Don't know if you like things spicy, but it made it easier for me.

Walnut436
on 4/9/13 4:31 am

I'm 2 months out right now and am just getting my tastes back....and some things I used to love (that were healthy like beans)---I just can't stand any more.  I do have a hard time eating sometimes to but know I need to get in my protein.  I'm hoping some of my tastes come back (and others I am GLAD didn't return).  Good luck!

nataliep
on 4/9/13 1:29 pm
RNY on 02/20/13

I am also 6-7 weeks out and having the same problem.  I am struggling getting enough fluids in, I do fine one day and not the next.  Same with protein.  I don't like the protein shakes......get too full.  I'm trying but it isn't easy. 

Good luck!

Natalie P

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 346 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 292 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 462 views