Tooting

seanseosamh
on 4/11/13 10:51 am

I think I may have asked for help a few months ago, but my problem persists.

I am tooting (farting) every day.  Thankfully, they are NOT clear the room, smelly ones.  It is just exceedingly embarrassing to cross the room and make audible noise several times a day.  In a noisy room, I just blast away.

What I have tried:  Beano...no effect.  Taking a daily pro-biotic pill...not much effect.  Some days it seems it  is positive.  Most days it is as bad as ever.  For a pre-existing condition, I have taken omeprazole (generic Prilosec) for 4 to 5 years.  This problem did NOT exist pre-surgery.

My progress has slowed 10 months post-surgery.  While I am happy to have lost nearly 80-81 pounds, my problem continues.  It has been my constant complaint with my post-surgical visits.  The weak solutions above have been offered.  Not working.  It is not my total problem, but I DO NOT want to go on this way.  HELP!

slashes
on 4/11/13 11:02 am

Yikes. What does your doctor tell you? Wish I had answers for you. Could it be something you are eating?

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

poet_kelly
on 4/11/13 11:04 am - OH

What does your doc suggest?  Have you tried Devrom?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mary Catherine
on 4/11/13 11:50 am

Just bend over for a about 30 seconds with your head at about the level of your knees.  I either tie my shoes or adjust my socks or pants.  The gas disappears magically with no noise and no smell.  I would have saved myself a lot of embarrassment if I knew this five years ago.

hop2bthin
on 4/11/13 2:46 pm - Florence, AL

i HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM SINCE SURGERY. IT WASN'T THAT BAD AT FIRST BUT AFTER I STARTED EATING NORMAL FOOD I HAVE GAS ALL THE TIME & SOMETIMES IT IS LOUND & SMELLS TERRIBLE (TMI) I USE GAS X IT SEEMS TO HELP ME MORE THAN OTHERS. I HOPE IT GETS BETTER FOR YOU.

hop2bthin

seanseosamh
on 4/11/13 11:47 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

Never heard of Devrom, but will check it out.

It was the surgeon who suggested Beano and a pro-biotic pill.

Laura in Texas
on 4/12/13 1:04 am

I know people who have had relief watching their carbs and taking probiotics.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."