BM question...TMI?

ImDun
on 4/14/13 6:11 am
RNY on 02/26/13

I have a question about BMs.  I am 6 weeks out.  I thought I was going to have LESS BMs than prior to surgery.  I am not going everyday but close.  However, the BMs are huge.  Sometimes it's difficult to get out and other times it's VERY long.  Looks just like Dr. Oz wants and I never had that especially with too many carbs.

How can they be that big if I am not eating much?

Also, it is a "blonde" color....

Does any of this seem normal to you?

yippeex8
on 4/14/13 6:38 am - Jenison, MI

I've experienced both, but the difficulty is the worst! ;) I would think it might still be cleaning you out from before surgery. Your protein mixed with milk can make the color, and maybe even the volume. My mom always jokes about her C's and S's. 

funkyphillygirl
on 4/15/13 10:35 am

It seems normal - and in fact, fortunate.  You are losing fat - which is GREAT!  Remember that you have malabsorption of calories.  Your body has to get rid of the weight and fat somehow and that's where it goes.  The light color tells you that it's fat.

We've discussed this before and it's better to go than not.  I had bouts of horrible constipation during the early months, but would occasionally experience what you are right now.  As long as you keep going, your weight will keep dropping.  Trust me on this!

Since I had my gall bladder out, I do experience more regularity, and in fact, too much sometimes.  But all of that keeps my weight down.

Don't worry - this is NOT a bad thing!