Cheese in the pureed stage?

jjordan3
on 4/14/13 6:42 am - greenfield, IN
RNY on 03/25/13

On my allowed foods list, the pureed stage has Low fat cheese, and it has an asterisk that indicates it doesn't have to be pureed.  Do you think this means I can eat any low fat cheese?  I have string cheese, but obviously it's solid and I would chew the bejeezus out of it, but I'm not sure if that's what they meant.

Surgery Date: March 25, 2013

poet_kelly
on 4/14/13 6:43 am - OH

I don't know.  On my pureed diet, everything was supposed to be pureed.  I did melt a little shredded cheese on refried beans then.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MrsLitch
on 4/14/13 6:55 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I melted it in the pureed stage and ate it that way. In fact one of the better concoctions I came up with was ham and mozzarella cheese put in the ninja to puree and then nuked with a tad bit of water dripped on it to make it moist and melty. If it says it doesn't need to be pureed then I'd follow their directions just remember small small bites and chew chew chew

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

megs617
on 4/14/13 10:49 am

Laughing cow cheese is really good!  It saved me during the pureed stage!

Karens62
on 4/14/13 11:14 am - NC
RNY on 02/26/13
I can't et string cheese or mozzarella. Every time I try it, it ends up getting stuck and I get the foamies. Any other cheese is fine, especially something like a sharp cheddar.

HW - 319, SW - 303.5 

65rosesmom
on 4/14/13 11:17 am

Most cheese melted well in my mouth and was an easy protein in the pureed stage.    Heck its still an easy protein, if I could I would eat it for every meal and snack but that would be horrid on digestive system and probably not a very well rounded way to eat, so I limit myself to once a day.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Most Active
Recent Topics