How long did it take you to be able to sleep on your side/stomach?

grmadeb01
on 4/15/13 1:40 am - FL

try getting a couple of body pillows one for each side....i have them now, i am a back sleeper, but yet a side sleeper...i put the body pillow under one hip and so one hip is kinda raised but not totally on the side...so, pillow under right hip, im leaning towards the left a bit, but not all the way...then i adjust the weight or hips and place body pillow under left hip and weight is on the right hip kinds...just not totally on the side yet....i slept that way while preg, and just kept doing that..i have a pillow for under my knees also....i have the side sleeper pro pillow for under the neck and that has been great...my husband snoring has lessed alot since we got those pillows...they look like a candy cane and it has a spot for your ear to go in....i wish they were memory foam but that would be way more money..i got mine from WOOT, as wal mart is like 20.00 but WOOT had them on sale..2 for 10.00 so we stocked up on them, have them in the closet...pillows dont last long at my house...

my bed is full of pillows, we leave them in their spots when we make the bed....

also try putting your head up more than the rest of your body while on your back....knees up and head up while on back...i sleep kinda in a V but with the pillow under the hip.....but i also have an adjustable bed....

good luck, and just keep trying different variations of sleeping on your bac****il you can get more comfy..

have a blessed day

debby

Tracy91002
on 4/15/13 10:12 am
RNY on 01/17/13

I slept on my side in the hospital.  Probably not the norm though.

Laura in Texas
on 4/15/13 10:29 am

I spent two nights in the hospital and slept on my back. Day 3 I slept on my side with no problems. I do remember feeling sloshy inside, like my insides were filled with fluid and my organs were moving around in it. It was a weird feeling.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

jessie06
on 4/15/13 1:27 pm - Albuquerque, NM

I'm almost 3 weeks post surgery and could sleep on my right side after 5-6 days.  I can now lay on my left side for short periods of time but it's uncomfortable to do it much longer.  Haven't even tried my belly, that still scares me.  I do find that having a body pillow for support is very helpful.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 461 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics