What else can I include on my soft food diet?

Momma1991
on 4/19/13 8:11 am - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

Doctor told me to have:

-Eggs

-Oatmeal

-SF Pudding

-Sf or plain yoguart without fruit pieces

-Mashed Potatoes

Am I allowed to have rice? Is rice apart of the soft food diet? Also I am confused because the nutritional food packet he gave me said not to have anything under 5g's of fat or 15g's of sugar.  Also my store doesnt carry fat free butter nor fat free cheese. He said I can have it but all the stores I go to dont sell it..... Give me a list of other soft foods to eat that have less than 5g of fat and less then 15gs of sugar. 

Brenda S.
on 4/19/13 8:28 am - FL
RNY on 04/09/13

I'm on the soft stage too.  I'll give you my list of what I can have up to 3 weeks out, then I can add more things.  Please remember to follow your surgeon's plan, but hopefully this will give you some more options:

all cheese

deli sliced turkey or chicken

tuna salad

egg salad

grits

cream of wheat

canned vegetables (cream style, not whole kernel until 3 weeks out)

all kinds of beans

cottage cheese

hummus

soy crumbles

tofu

veggie hot dogs

canned fruits in their own juices

fish

Don27516
on 4/19/13 8:35 am - NC

when I was on soft food the chili at Wendy's was my best friend. I loved it and a small chili was all I could eat. A large chili was two meals.

poet_kelly
on 4/19/13 9:07 am - OH

Tuna salad, chicken salad, sliced deli meat, sliced cheese, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, soft cooked veggies, no sugar added applesauce, canned or other soft fruit (not canned in syrup though, no added sugar), tofu, veggie burgers, beans, chili, protein shakes.

I would avoid rice and other starches right now.  You will not find sugar free yogurt; since yogurt is made from milk, and milk has sugar in the form of lactose, there is no such thing as sugar free yogurt.  You can get no sugar added yogurt, but not sugar free.  I recommend plain Greek yogurt, which you can then flavor yourself however you like.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PrincessBelle
on 4/19/13 10:55 am
Refried beans.

RNY 3/11/13. 

kikidoll
on 4/19/13 11:01 am - MA
RNY on 03/20/13
My nutritionist said rice expands in your pouch so you should definitely not have that at this point.

Try some low fat ricotta with marinara and a little low fat mozz...

Chicken or tuna salad with low fat mayo

Are you on soft foods or puree? Soft foods in my program is just foods you can cut with the edge of the fork. They told us to avoid white starches like crackers, bread, rice, obviously sugars...

Age: 26  Height: 5'11  Highest Weight: 278  Goal: 160  Surgeon: Dr. Rebecca Shore

Nutmegger
on 4/19/13 12:30 pm
Rice would not be good, some cant eat it for 6months to more than a year out, the texture can cause pain this early and give you a stuck feeling.

To other items listed add:
Hummus
Cream of broccoli, mushroom Soups, made with milk, puréed
I added lentil soup for some extra oomph, but still chewed a lot, you can purée
Maybe Cottage cheese, small curd, chewed really well
Cream of wheat with milk
Dannon makes a sugar free greek yogurt that I ate for 2 weeks, Greek light and fit. It has 14g of protein and very little carbs, plus flavored, blueberry, peach, strawberry, pineapple, etc,

My doc said no more than 5g of sugar - every doc seems to be a little different.
I skipped potatoes and such just because it was hard to get in the 60 g of protein without adding any carbs
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 260 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 285 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 106 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?