Back to work tomorrow... Lunch ideas?

mamabug70
on 4/21/13 11:44 am - Kansas City, MO
RNY on 03/25/13

Hi! I'm 4 weeks out and returning to work tomorrow.  Just wondering if anyone has some ideas of what I can take in my lunch.  I get 30 minutes to eat and have a refrigerator available.  I'm in the middle of my 3-5 week stall :(.  Thanks!

Amy

HW 308 SW 290 CW 151 GW 150

angeleigh
on 4/21/13 11:52 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I did chili a lot during that stage, was easy to make and take to work to reheat. But for other helpful ideas it really depends on what stage of eating you are on. since every doctor is different, by 4 i was on soft foods so I did chili, yogurt, soups, beans with cheese, ricotta cheese with spaghetti sauce, Soft taco minus the shell.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

shedevilbecca
on 4/21/13 1:04 pm - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13
I am still pre op but what about a hard boiled egg? I take them a few times a week.

honestlinzel
on 4/21/13 1:39 pm - CA
I would probably do different versions of devilled eggs. You can add tuna to them for extra protein also. Yogurts are great, SF Pudding.

Other ideas are chicken salad, tuna salad, beans with cheese, leftover salmon.

Hope that helps!

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

hlacy
on 4/21/13 6:20 pm - Chandler, AZ
Homemade ground chicken chilis
Were my go-to for work lunch in the month or two after I returned to work Made a batch on the weekend and it lasted all week.
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

TamaraL
on 4/22/13 10:32 am, edited 4/22/13 10:32 am

the deli at my local grocery store does chicken salad.  i would take the chicken salad and put in food processor to chop it up more and eat with saltines.  i loved yogurt

i did lots of refried beans with cheese, deli and cheese rolls.  please go to the  site www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogsport.com/  and check out her bento boxes. she also is on pintrest and has lots of bento box ideas there also.  if you don't know what a bento box is it is a lunch box with divider containers for each one of our choices given you a variety

Tamara

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 430 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 311 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?