Surgery approaching fast!

hall_oatesjunkie
on 4/20/13 12:26 pm - FL
RNY on 05/06/13

There is 16 days until my surgery. It's going by so fast, I am really excited to be joining you guys on the losers bench! Getting all of my wine in now. lol!

I cant seem to kick this damn cigarette. I've quit in my eyes, because I used to have one pack a day, and for the past 3 months I've smoked maybe 2 packs total. But I know you're not supposed to because of the anesthesia. Any pointers? I've done it cold turkey, because I cant stand the gum. Its harder because I eat so much when I don't smoke. Trying hard though!

And check me out on youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/NewLife4Ana

titera75
on 4/21/13 12:08 pm
I wish I was 16 days til surgery..waiting on insurance approval...good luck!
hall_oatesjunkie
on 4/21/13 1:32 pm - FL
RNY on 05/06/13

It will fly though! how long have you been waiting? Mine was approved in technically 2 days, but it was actually 4 because of the weekend. And the surgery was scheduled for a month later.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/21/13 2:22 pm - OH

I was never a smoker, so don't have personal experience (my mom quit smoking after 40 years of it by using Chantix), but I wanted to let you know that there are other reasons for quitting smoking before your surgery: it inhibits healing and increases the chances of ulcers (which, of course, are painful, and make it difficult to eat).

You have already cut down a LOT, which is great.  Do you know what times of day or under what cir****tances you smoke still?  Identifying the triggers might help you find some activity or other way to avoid smoking at those times.  For example, I noticed that my mom would reach for a cigarette as soon as she started up the car, even if she had JUST finished one in the house before leaving.  I suggested that she put her purse on the floor of the backseat where she couldn't reach it to help keep her from lighting up purely out of habit when she started the car.  If you always want a cigarette at a certain time of day or after a meal, you might be able to suck on a sugar free hard candy to keep your mouth busy and find some activity that will also occupy your hands.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

hall_oatesjunkie
on 4/22/13 1:34 am - FL
RNY on 05/06/13

Well, yes.. as a smoker there are times, after coffee, after a meal, when you get in the car, when youre stressed, when you have alcohol. But I am able to deal with most of those now. The one that still gets me is after a meal. I've been keeping pretty busy which makes me forget to smoke. But there are those days where there just isnt anything to do to keep me busy, and I will smoke, and I've controlled it a lot, but, I control it by eating something. Thats why people gain weight when they quit. I've tried the sugar free gum, and it does work.. I guess I'll go back to that.

I don't want to be smoking after the surgery, definitely not. I don't want the ulcers.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics